·
Registered
528 Posts
Wow what a great photo!

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
sfarson said:
Not the greatest pic of the tankbag, but really like this Touratech bag.
That looks like the Touratech "Flat Bag". I have it and it works great ... if you don't have the factory radio controls. If you do then they'll bump the bag and switch channels and volume in a tight turn. Haven't found anything better, so I cope.

I put in a Powerlet adapter from the aux socket on the fairing and have a cell phone/ipod/etc. charger inside.

JayJay

·
Registered
184 Posts
+1 for the Touratech Flat bag. I got mine when I picked up my bike at the dealer (they threw it in for "free").

I was looking at the BMW bags and didn't want something that big so they suggested the Touratech, and it is just perfect. It fits the RT like it was made for it and holds just enough to be useful but not too big so as to be... well... too big.

I have one of those semi-disposable Tupperware 6"x8" containers in the bag to act as an organizer to keep things from ending up in a pile at the bottom of the bag and it fits like it was made for it. Even when flipping the bag back for fueling, the contents of the Tupperware don't fall out as it is the same height as the inside of the bag.

I like the idea of a powerlet in there. I'll add that to my To Do list.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
four12 said:
+1 for the Touratech Flat bag. I got mine when I picked up my bike at the dealer (they threw it in for "free").

I like the idea of a powerlet in there. I'll add that to my To Do list.
When you do, be sure you check for handlebar clearance. I didn't (Doh! You'd think I'd know the wisdom of "measure twice, cut once"). First place I mounted the Powerlet was forward on the bag, looked great but the power cord got crushed by the handlebars. So I had to do it again and move it quite a bit to the rear.

JayJay

Attachments

·
Registered
184 Posts
JayJay said:
When you do, be sure you check for handlebar clearance. I didn't (Doh! You'd think I'd know the wisdom of "measure twice, cut once").
Thanks for the tip and picture. Always helpful.

"Measure with a micrometer, mark it with chalk, cut with an axe"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts