BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have experience with the "Pro"-line bags from SW Motech? Wondering which bag would be ideal for the '21 RT.

Thanks.

Marc

·
Premium Member
5,263 Posts
I have the large City Bag on my '15 RT, which I will be moving over to the new '21 RT. Highly recommend the brand. As for size, that will depend on your needs. The City bag is perfect for me because I need something to carry my Nikon DSLR with fairly large zoom lens, OR my Mavic Pro drone with all the sundry that is needed to fly it.

·
Registered
2019 R1250RT
3 Posts
Anyone have experience with the "Pro"-line bags from SW Motech? Wondering which bag would be ideal for the '21 RT.

Thanks.

Marc
For what ever it's worth I give this SW Motech DAYPACK bag 4.5 starts (out of five) it's well made, BUT pricey, and just a tad on the small size (from Revzilla) The quick release feature (fuel filler ring) works great.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,263 Posts
Any trouble clearing the handlebars (full turn to turn) with this large bag?

Marc
Not if you set it up properly! The position of the "mount plate", that gets attached to the bottom of the tankbag by you, can be affixed in almost any position. The instructions are very clear on how to do it, and you want to make sure that everything clears before drilling those holes for attachment. Beside the handlebar, DO look to make sure that the bottom of the bag will not rub on the curvature of the rear of the tank as well.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Not if you set it up properly! The position of the "mount plate", that gets attached to the bottom of the tankbag by you, can be affixed in almost any position. The instructions are very clear on how to do it, and you want to make sure that everything clears before drilling those holes for attachment. Beside the handlebar, DO look to make sure that the bottom of the bag will not rub on the curvature of the rear of the tank as well.
The new Pro series SW Motech tank bags do NOT require any drilling at all. Look at Motor32's post (#4 above) and video. The bottom of their new tank bags has a rippled series of ridges and valleys that can run up and back to a matching set of ripples and valleys on the attached part on the bottom of the bag that sits in the fuel tank receptacle after tightening. It's brilliant, and allows you to adjust where the bag sits at any time on this bike or any other bike you own that has the same fuel ring adapter type. Just loosen four bolts that hold the pieces together, set it on the fuel ring, align to the position you want, remove from tank ring and tighten. No misaligned holes.

Here is a picture of the new bottom I took from their website. I added the arrow that points to the rippled bottom of the tank bag.

·
Premium Member
5,263 Posts
Oh, that IS nice! Another big plus!!!!

·
Registered
92 Posts

Thanks.

Marc
I have a Hepco & Becker "Tourer M" tank bag for my 2019 RT. I find it to be "ideal".

1 - 10 of 10 Posts