BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new on this forum I am looking for a tank bag for my GS that I can carry my dog on I take him with me almost everwhere. I carry him now in a dog carrier straped on the seat behind me but if I want to ride two up I have to leave him home Ive seen one but didnt get the name of the company that made it any help would be appreciated
Thanks Joe :wave

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Out of curiousity, how big a dog could you comfortably tour with on a bike (eg. in tank bag, on pillion seat...not a side car)? I have only seen little guys maybe 5 - 10 lbs.

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
Here's one I adapted for my killer (well, actually my wife's) poodle.

Without patting myself on the back too hard ;) it's a better design than anything I've seen available for purchase. A key thing to keep in mind is that dogs don't sweat. Mine has tons of ventilation and a visco foam "bed". It also has a very tough clear vinyl cover that zips on to keep him warm and dry when the going gets tough, along with a down vest.

Hmmmm..... :think: Mebbe time for a new product.

Attachments

·
Registered
607 Posts
There is an article in the March BMW Owner's News in the Rally section. The young lady has what looks like a great set up for her dog.

You might be able to reach her via the magazine to find out what she has. The photo looks like a great product.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Leave Your Best Girl Home On A Saturday Night?

ronk1200lt said:
Out of curiousity, how big a dog could you comfortably tour with on a bike (eg. in tank bag, on pillion seat...not a side car)? I have only seen little guys maybe 5 - 10 lbs.
At least 113 lbs, but he's down to about 104 now.

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
I too am looking for a bag to carry our Yorkie in and was looking at the Bagster.
Does anyone know if it has a retention strap inside for the dog.(To prevent them from jumping out,to attach to their collar)?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts