BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whilst riding I notice wind hits the top of my helmet and my pillion feels the cold more than me. I assume a tall replacement shield would really help and in wet conditions I can always lower it down to see over.
Any advice on the best dimensions?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
321 Posts
I have an Aeroflow screen on my LT, it works great.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Take my advice and dont go to the tall, extra wide 'standard flow profile', yu will not like it in the hotter months ! Great for colder riding months only.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Take my advice and dont go to the tall, extra wide 'standard flow profile', yu will not like it in the hotter months ! Great for colder riding months only.

I think I've seen the wide version on a bike I viewed. Mine works fine on the sides, it's just the height issue. I suppose with both I could always swap them over when it gets warmer maybe. We are talking the UK weather here!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
The Villages, FL
2,601 Posts
Do you have a pic of the Aeroflow please?
Pictures from my 2000LT. I actually looked over the bubble which was distortion free. Also if you have he stock shield, many complain that the pillion receives a lot of wind.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Would it be nice if there was a shield that had adjustable hinges, where yu could adjust each left and right outside, and the top position of flex to suit each need ! Just saying ...

·
Registered
321 Posts
Mine is the same as mtrevilino's. sorry I don't know how to post pics! Thanks! I find that with aeroflow I get calm air with the screen lower. Actually get better mileage that way.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
I have used Cee Bailys on my K1300GT and my current 16 R1200RT. I use the tallest they offer. On the R bike it is 27.5 tall and 18 wide. In a down pour I can put the screen all the way up and hide in the dry . All the way down I see 2 inches over the top. I would like to find an air deflector that routes air coming under the screens to the left and right. I used to have a small black cloth rolled up about 10 inches long tucked into the little air port above the display. I ride with an open face and the cold winter air makes my eyes and nose drip.

Reactions: dlafoy

·
Registered
233 Posts
I actually went lower with the Cee Bailey's #2 Euro with a reverse curve. The wind goes up & over, but I am only 5'08"

·
Registered
15 Posts
I put a Cee Baileys with the wings on and it made a big difference. They come in multiple sizes and their site shows how to measure to get the best for your needs. The wings really help in the rain. I got the grey tint too and it doesn't bother vision day or night. Excellent windshield.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts