BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 2005 LT. Immediately put on 1" down and 1 1/4" forward floorboards. later added MOP's. I find the bike comfortable, but think I need to get a custom seat that sets me back and inch or two to get more "space" for my long legs. Any ideas out there?

Bill

·
Registered
120 Posts
Ron Miller (Kontour seats) makes an excellent custom seat. One of the options is the 'tall man' which moves the rider back one inch.

I have the peg lowering kit and Ron's seat with the above mentioned option.

Helped a lot.

Good luck.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I am 6'8" 240lbs.

I still ride on the original seat, but the Bakup back rest has helped alot.... No bike is comfortable at my height ( The GS ADV has been the best... ). I have 60K on the LT and never really have any seat issues. I am 32.

Tons of threads regarding tall riders... do a little searching...

·
Registered
346 Posts
I just installed a Backup rest two weeks ago and found it decreased my legroom (36" inseam). Don't get me wrong, I like it and it definitely saved my back on a 1300 mile jaunt last weekend, but it definitely pushes me further forward on the seat than where I naturally sat without it.

·
Registered
280 Posts
nrcpcola said:
I recently bought a 2005 LT. Immediately put on 1" down and 1 1/4" forward floorboards. later added MOP's. I find the bike comfortable, but think I need to get a custom seat that sets me back and inch or two to get more "space" for my long legs. Any ideas out there?

Bill
I have the height problem too. I installed the XL J-Pegs for the long rides and then went with the lowered floorboards for overall comfort on long and short rides.
I ride everyday, to and from work and find the floorboards are one of the best options I have added. If you choose to go with this option, know that you will have to adjust your lean-angle in the tight turns because you will drag the boards.
Make sure you buy boards that will pivot up if you do drag them.
A back-rest helps lots too!

·
Registered
321 Posts
I've changed from my earlier comments regarding lower pegs and seat height.
I had to take the floor boards off, and go back to the original pegs. I was really digging the left one into the road way too often. It started to effect how I went in to turns, and the anticipation was not welcome..
I use the XL J-Pegs more than I used to.
I keep the seat in the higher position and have added a beadrider seat cushion (more seat height.) I used to feel the higher seat position pushed me forward, but I've been able to get used to it. Now I want to raise the bars..

These changes work for me.. (6'5" 230)

Jeff

·
Registered
76 Posts
I didn't like the lower pegs because of corner scraping, so everything is stock. But when on a long trip and no one is around me I will just slide back to the passenger seat. That sure is a nice seat back there. The only bad part is you sit up higher. It gives your arms and legs a good stretch though.
But then I am only 6'4" and consider the bike at just the right point. Sat on countless Harleys, and always found my knees were above the gas tank, thus I felt like Herman Munster. Sounds like some guys here out Herman me.
Never liked that the american seat has less padding than the european version.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts