BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '05 LT and would like to install some type of tail light modulator. On my '02 GS I am running Hyper-lites and the Kisan Tailblazer. I really like that set-up. But I have heard the ABS is more sensitive on the '05 and later BMW's. Was wondering what others were running?

As always thanks in advance. This site is a great resource.

·
Registered
148 Posts
If you have the luggage rack with the LED light bar, you can get a Kissan tailblazer unit designed specifically for that. It only flashes that bar with their "decay" pattern (starts out fast, then slows down to steady - you can then release the brakes and re-apply to get it to repeat). :)

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,909 Posts
The only lamp that is monitored by the brake system is the center bulb, low wattage element. If you leave that lamp alone you should be alright. In fact I used a small electronic flasher tied to the brake lamps that fed the center bulb high wattage element with no problems.

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,158 Posts
On my 05 I installed the LED Taillight Conversion kit from BRAKE! designed for the LT and it works as advertised.

I am looking at the box and there is a sticker from Sierra BMW Motorcycle, part# BK0106. The list price is $199.95, but I bought mine from a member of this forum.

The installation is very simple. Remove the existing bulb sockets after noting which color was the wire for the taillight and which was the brake light. I had to make the opening on the taillight a little bigger in order to install the new LED sockets using sand-paper, which was very easy, and the total install time was less than 30 minutes and I was taking my time. The blinking rate is adjustable via a dip switch on the socket that mounts in the center position.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I second the vote for the BRAKE! conversion. I also picked mine up from Sierra but after the install (which upset my abs system) I had to call the manufacturer who immediatly sent me a small resistor that fixed the issue.
Side note -- I drove to California to buy this and then found out that they are made in Canada (Vancouver I believe). Would that qualify as making us Canucks famous:histerica . EH

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a 2003 LTC on which I installed the Kisan Tailblazer. Simple to install and has worked well since the day of installation. If you decide to use this one be sure to read the remarks on this forum for installation. Unless Kisan has changed the installation instructions since I last saw them they are a little misleading. The forum help will make it easy for you.

No regrets from me on the Kisan. It's added feature is that it keeps the light bar on the luggage rack illuminated all of the time for better visibility. The brake light blinks rapidly once applied and graduates to a solid brake light.

All in all, pretty cool.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
John Zeiler failed to mention: the electronic flasher tied to the center bulb high wattage element is ** really cheep ** compared to the other alternatives - only cost is an electronic directional signal flasher. I like it.

- Bob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts