BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm to the point to where I need to add some switches for some of the extras that are already installed or about to be installed. What are some of the methods others on here have used to take care of this. Where did you put the switches, what switch did you use, etc. I do intend to add the aux fuse block as it is already a mess under there.

tia, tcars
John

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
I know Ari the mad farkle Fin did a wonderful job of adding 6 custom switches to his RH grip area, but I have yet to see a cluster of switches on the market. I wiah there was such a thing. I have 2 switches hidden in the oddments box on the stingray - not a satisfactory solution at all.

·
Registered
577 Posts
switches

When i purchased the NightCutters from www.saeng.com I also ordered the wire set up which included the relay, fuse block, and LED lighted switch.

For the PIAA high intensity set up with rear fog lights, I purchased a water resistant switch block from Blueray. www.bluesea.com/category/5 With a little help from a grinder I mounted it on the left side next to the speaker.

Ari did a really nice modification of the BMW switch for a bar mounted light set up that included 6 switches, but I was unable to find a source for the mini switches.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Here is the Phoenix switch mod that the others referred to.

http://picasaweb.google.com/pozoizquierdo/ADDINGSWITCHES

If you or somebody else would need those switches I can easily send them over. I have already sent a couple of dozen all over the world...:p

The cost of these switches is not bad, a set of ten would make about 40 USD including air mail shipping. So far they have lasted in my bike for three seasons already and all I do is spray some dielectric spray in them once or twice per season.

I am currently in process of redoing and documenting all my electricals and the attached pics show what things looked like after pulling all the current wires and relays out. The next installation will be a lot cleaner...

Regards

Attachments

·
Registered
244 Posts
Ari !!! WOW.. sure glad you have a long and snowy winter.. that looks like it will take a while to do..With all your farkles I expect you have your own auxiliary wiring chart! I will be looking forward to photos of updated you do.. we find new toys to add :<)

·
Registered
860 Posts
JCarver said:
I'm to the point to where I need to add some switches for some of the extras that are already installed or about to be installed. What are some of the methods others on here have used to take care of this. Where did you put the switches, what switch did you use, etc. I do intend to add the aux fuse block as it is already a mess under there.

tia, tcars
John
I wasn't to enamored with some of the switch setups I had seen, so I rep'd one myself. With the Blue Sea fuse block under the seat, the whole process is nice and clean. The switch block is movable and sealed. The whole set-up is relay controlled.

Attachments

·
Miles of Smiles
1,054 Posts
Ari, DON'T CUT THE BLUE WIRE !!!!!!!

Just Kidding. :histerica Looks like you will be busy for some time. Cheers

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
c00k1e said:
I know Ari the mad farkle Fin did a wonderful job of adding 6 custom switches to his RH grip area, but I have yet to see a cluster of switches on the market. I wiah there was such a thing. I have 2 switches hidden in the oddments box on the stingray - not a satisfactory solution at all.
Would you happen to have a pic of your switches in the oddments box? I'm assuming that is above the casette deck. As for the cassette deck, seems to be wasted space, anyone taken it out and used the space otherwise?

tcars
John

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
grifscoots said:
The Phoenix Switches are the cleanest, stock looking switches I've seen. There is a complete breakdown on it, plus part numbers in the Hall of Wisdom.
I must agree, that is a clean setup. Ari gave a quote on the switches and I think I've seen pics of those switches installed in the sting ray, but I could not find it. Also on the Phoenix setup, I'm assuming that those parts come from BMW. If that is so, can you get just the housing?

tia, tcars
John

·
Registered
13,451 Posts
JCarver said:
I must agree, that is a clean setup. Ari gave a quote on the switches and I think I've seen pics of those switches installed in the sting ray, but I could not find it. Also on the Phoenix setup, I'm assuming that those parts come from BMW. If that is so, can you get just the housing?

tia, tcars
John
Yes, the housing is sold seperate, as are the switches. The part numbers are in the Hall of Wisdom.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
361 Posts
JCarver said:
I'm to the point to where I need to add some switches for some of the extras that are already installed or about to be installed. What are some of the methods others on here have used to take care of this. Where did you put the switches, what switch did you use, etc.
Well I did this:

One controls the fog light brake flasher and the other one puts the foglights on continuously.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts