BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, its been a while since I've been here. (2000 LT has been running, well up to now). I'm going to be doing a clutch replacement at 72,000 miles. Does the final drive have to be removed from the swingarm? Or can I just remove the swingarm?

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,899 Posts
You don't have to for removal as long as the exhaust is off you can slide it all off. You will eventually have to separate it as there no way to get it all back on with it together.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey John,
Thanks for the info. I met you at GrassRoots BMW in Cape Girardeau MO, several years Ago. I just watched your YouTube on the weep hole mod. great documentation.
Again Thanks.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
You want to check those final drive pivot bearings anyway. Generally shot.
http://www.i-bmw.com/showthread.php?t=38451
Above link contains tips. If you want a Viton 19x4mm O-ring send me your address, one will return (free).

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,899 Posts
Hey John,
Thanks for the info. I met you at GrassRoots BMW in Cape Girardeau MO, several years Ago. I just watched your YouTube on the weep hole mod. great documentation.
Again Thanks.
Was that for the big Guinness Parade attempt? That was a hoot.

Record:

The largest parade of BMW motorcycles consisted of 241 motorcycles and was organized by Grass Roots BMW Motorcycles (all USA) in Cape Girardeau, Missouri, USA, on 26 September 2009. The motorcycles were all different types of BMW motorcycles. I was #41!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts