BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it's been a while since my last post. I had a K1600 for 26 hrs until I totaled it and now I,m back to an 07 k1200 lt. Long story short. I remember seeing and add for a solid metal type bearing to replace the needle bearing on the swing arm. I can't locate the info on it and I know if there is information available, someone here will :confused: know about it. thanks :confused:

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Wat Hoppened to the 1600 Top? How did it compare to the LT?

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,997 Posts
Are you looking for the FD pivot bearing replacement or the swing arm pivot bearing replacement ?.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I was going to show it off to the family on father's day and was paying more attention to the multicontroller and dash display than the car which stopped in front of me. Had about a 10mph crash. I didn't even get a bruise but it totalled the bike.
The 1600 is wonderfull. It is sooo smooth and has power everywhere. The wife likes the comfort of the LT better and given what I lost in $ after insurance we went back to the Klt. Anyway , spilt milk I guess. Maybe In a couple of years I can afford another.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Yes Top, the "Rubber Chicken" Bushings will replace the needle bearings for the Final Dive Pivots.

John
topsarge said:
Hey, thank you so much. I am assuming this is the final drive pivot bearing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts