BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This should be official by tomorrow. Someone who knows my intrest in BMW bikes e-mailed it to me.

It seems that there is a change of attitude at BMWNA in Woodcliff Lakes -for the better! It also looks like they are watching boards like this and try to do what we, their best customers are asking for. Especially if it addresses such long overdue issues like Final Drives and slave cylinders, I like it!

Also, I now owe an apology to at least one board member and our moderators may have to re-think their policies.

Press release attached

Attachments

·
BMW Guru
8,469 Posts
Shouldn't this be in the humor forum??:)

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Wolfgang said:
This should be official by tomorrow. Someone who knows my intrest in BMW bikes e-mailed it to me.

It seems that there is a change of attitude at BMWNA in Woodcliff Lakes -for the better! It also looks like they are watching boards like this and try to do what we, their best customers are asking for. Especially if it addresses such long overdue issues like Final Drives and slave cylinders, I like it!

Also, I now owe an apology to at least one board member and our moderators may have to re-think their policies.

Press release attached
Sounds like an oil commercial to me

·
Registered
32 Posts
It is Aprils fools day today right ?

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
This is interesting. First, how does one prove that they've used this stuff and changed it every 12,000 miles? I assume a dealer has to do the change and document it.
Second, as I had mentioned earlier, I got my hands on a bearing machine to test some oils. I've been working my way through some motor oils, and still testing, but put the A$$oil gear lube up against the stuff I use and one other. I use Schaeffer's #167, and also tested some Lucas 85-90. I'll find some way of posting my test results when I'm done, but A$$oil did not fair as well as Schaeffer Oil in the gear lube dept.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Wolfgang said:
Press release attached
DANGER DANGER DANGER

Never open Word .doc files you find laying around the web. There are plenty of viruses that can live in .docs. (Should have posted a PDF or even just plain text.)

Ha ha, April fool, you've been infected by Melissa. :eek:

(Disclaimer: I don't know whether this doc contains a virus or not -- I'm not opening it to find out.)

·
Banned
588 Posts
These BMW dealerships must have gotten the memo early as they have been selling and recommending Amsoil for years:

Wild West BMW, Katy, TX.
Gulf Coast BMW, South Houston, TX.
BMW of North Houston, TX.
Houston Motorsports BMW, Stafford, TX
BMW Motorcycles of North Dallas, Plano, TX.

There are probably many more, but these are the only BMW shops I've ever been in.

·
Premium Member
5,852 Posts
TimVipond said:
These BMW dealerships must have gotten the memo early as they have been selling and recommending Snake soil for years:

Wild West BMW, Katy, TX.

There are probably many more, but these are the only BMW shops I've ever been in.
Tim,

Did you look at the calender today? April fools day means something to you?

·
BMW Guru
8,469 Posts
andy said:
Tim,

Did you look at the calender today? April fools day means something to you?
He's had too much Kool-Aid.....

·
Registered
216 Posts
I've done hundreds of press release's and this is a funny type style for a press release.

As far as getting infected I'm on a mac so virus's from a word document are like water of a ducks back to it.

Hope everone had a great April Fools Day.

On one of our local radio stations they claimed that the Japanese had a new web cleaning computer and it was cleaning the old unused web pages off the internet and would take 24 hours. So, of course, they had people phoning in saying that their internet was down. Some actually believed it!

Cheers, Bill
05 K1200LT

·
Registered
637 Posts
How about this:

Our second largest TV station claimed that Norwegian scientists had a device in space which could harvest electricity from dying stars and send it wireless to those with parabolic antennas. It should be enough with getting electrisity for the lamps in the house with a 3 `antenna!

And they made a big story about it with japanese scientists beeing mad becouse the Norwegians found the method first, and they also had some Texan dialect oil baron claiming it as the new energy source etc...hehe quite funny :)

·
Registered
453 Posts
TimVipond said:
These BMW dealerships must have gotten the memo early as they have been selling and recommending Amsoil for years:

Wild West BMW, Katy, TX.

Ottos Moped Shop and I have been using and recommending Super Tech 20-50 for years with barely adequate results. I'm sticking with it as it contains the secret ingredient smigma so that the bottle does not get too slippery.

Seriously folks. If a vendor out there wants to sell me a quart of oil that meets specs for less than the price of a pint of beer, why not. Once again, no one on this site has yet to point out an LT oil related engine failure.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
BillCav said:
I've done hundreds of press release's and this is a funny type style for a press release.

As far as getting infected I'm on a mac so virus's from a word document are like water of a ducks back to it.

Hope everone had a great April Fools Day.
Since much of it was copied and pasted from the AMSOIL website, thats were the "funny" font came from. And the claims are only slightly re-written from that site... It's miracle stuff!

I had fun with it, I hope some of you did too!

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Crap! I just traded my 05' in on a 08' LT and bought a case of Amsoil gear lube.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts