BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was cleared to start short trips on the bike on June 6th and had my last PT session on the 10th. I was told to wait until the end of the month for any longer rides. Well I had purchased a Chicane tank bag in pristine shape back in Feb from a former LT rider in Memphis and now was the time to go get it. So I headed out Saturday morning and had a great 440 mile ride. Hit a bit of rain here and there but it really felt good to get a fairly long ride in. Had to work on posture but no issues during the ride and woke up this morning with no back issue either. So it looks like I am almost fully recovered. Feels good!

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats. Do you think the Dr. knew that 440 miles is a 'short ride' for an LT?
Yeah, he knew as I told him Seattle was a long ride for me. I figured the 28th was close enough to the end of the month.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Good to hear, John!

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Glad to hear your ride report, John. Sounds like everything is the way it should be!

·
Registered
513 Posts
+1 here too John!

·
Premium Member
7,814 Posts
Glad to hear this good report, John.

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,175 Posts
Congrats John!
Do you have a backrest on your LT? Having one helped me a lot...

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Congrats John!
Do you have a backrest on your LT? Having one helped me a lot...
Yup, Bak-Up I had it for 5 years before I had Jeff Mense show me how to properly adjust it in Vermont. Since then it has been a God send.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Yup, Bak-Up I had it for 5 years before I had Jeff Mense show me how to properly adjust it in Vermont. Since then it has been a God send.
And I unfortunately am still not riding, since November 2012. I had hoped to get back on by May of this year but still having balance issues right/left side. A friend recently bought a CanAm and has invited me to take it for a ride and I plan to give it a whirl. Glad to hear you're back in the saddle.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Good to see you back on the bike again!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Congrats! That's just great.
Hope to follow your lead. Any words of wisdom you can throw my way will be appreciated.
ride safe :bmw:

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Congrats! That's just great.
Hope to follow your lead. Any words of wisdom you can throw my way will be appreciated.
Yeah. If the Doc gives you restrictions, no matter how good you feel FOLLOW them. That was the advice I had received from this group. My wife's hovering over me for the first three weeks saying "Don't bend over and Don't reach for that" while keeping me out of the garage for two weeks, well I made it!

Good luck in your recovery, it will happen just wait for it.

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,981 Posts
Good for you John, It sucks getting old because every thing that needs healing takes longer. I have found nothing good about the golden years that was talked about.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Yeah. If the Doc gives you restrictions, no matter how good you feel FOLLOW them. That was the advice I had received from this group. My wife's hovering over me for the first three weeks saying "Don't bend over and Don't reach for that" while keeping me out of the garage for two weeks, well I made it!

Good luck in your recovery, it will happen just wait for it.
Thanks John I'll work with that.
Seems like the wives get the memo from the doctor way before we do and hold us to it. TV trays to the bed and sponge baths and the other nicities we tend to take for-granted. But are very much welcomed at times like these.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Good news-I wonder if folks from other forums would look at 440 miles as a quick trip! Glad you are doing better. And sounds like you were smart along the way-good one

Dave

I'm opening up the beast tomorrow morning and replacing the brake relay-hope that solves the issue of brakes staying on. Keep you posted

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Good to see you back on the bike again!
It feels really good too. Jean and I are headed to Chateau Elan on the LT next Friday to attend a wine club reception and stock up on wine. Then we will head to Ironhorse Saturday via Dahlonega and Helen. Returning home on Monday. I hated to miss the April gathering and this will help make up for it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts