BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Couldn't take the poll. You didn't have a place for the guy who washes it every 3-4 months.

bob

·
Registered
550 Posts
Don't wash it, but do keep the plastic clean and shiny with Harley spray cleaner and polish and Plexus. Harley cleaners won't hurt BMW's will they?

·
Registered
362 Posts
dirtdreamer50 said:
Don't wash it, but do keep the plastic clean and shiny with Harley spray cleaner and polish and Plexus. Harley cleaners won't hurt BMW's will they?
It could make your BMW leak oil.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Usually other then the windshield (pledge), and the headlight when weird shapes are noticeable at night, about every six months. Or rain. Or on my trip the last couple of days, enough dew on it for a good wipe down.

I usually put 2,000 miles+ a month on mine. She's going to be dirty, and being grey, it doesn't show much.

-Mark

·
Registered
550 Posts
AntRT said:
It could make your BMW leak oil.

Funny.... FWIW, Harleys, since the the Evo, now the TC engine, no longer leak oil. No more unlike metal make up of engine parts, heating and cooling at different rates. Harley does make some of the best MC cleaning products on the market; all that chrome, you know. The bug remover spray is AWESOME. Doesn't affect paint plastic or Lexan, either.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts