BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Suburban foot peg lowering kit

8K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  RiverRat 
#1 ·
I installed the foot peg kit today and what a difference! They are well made and easy to install. They really help a tall old guy

Scott

#2 ·
Yep; only downside is that they may scrape a bit "now and then"! ;)

#3 ·
Yep, I installed them as per the markins (L & R) then scraped the crap out of them. So another poster recommended to swap left for righ and invert the bracket, that way you still get the forward relocation with less downward offset. Work better in regard to lean angle. Not really an issue unless you're loaded and 2 up.

#4 ·
I recently installed the Suburban peg kit on my '99, and then the Ilium extended/lowered brake lever, and the Ilium shifter arm extender. I'd read all the peg dragging posts here but concluded that "my" LT riding is 95% "normal" highway and road stuff and figured that comfort for my long legs is the paramount consideration for me. I've got other bikes for when I wanna hit the turns aggressively. I'm totally satisfied with the setup.

JD

#5 ·
Anyone have any pictures of the lowered peg and shifter change? I know my knees really start to hurt after 8 hours in the saddle standing up on the pegs does help ,getting, off and walking a bit too,but I do like to cover ground and when I was younger 700 to 800 miles on a bike was very doable but now on a much nicer bike my knees that is the worst for me. I haven't seen any pictures of hyway pegs for an LT either but I'm not sure how they do any feed back? Saddles aren't an issue for me I have ridden many miles on bicycle did over 500 in a week just a couple of years ago and if I can handle a small seat on a long bicycle ride , the LT seat is a luxury.Thanks guys Ride safe Ron

#6 ·
RiverRat said:
Anyone have any pictures of the lowered peg and shifter change ...
Hope these help. I got smart this time, and took a photo of the Ilium Works shift extender before installion.

Attachments

#7 ·
shifter change?... The shift side can be adjusted out to the correct location. However the brake can not. you either have to get accustomed to the location or purchase (or make) the aftermarket piece...

#8 ·
I also installed the foot pegs and the shifter extension on my 07 LT and they work great. Have not experienced too much of scraping of the pegs, but that may just be my riding style. Definately a worthwhile improvement.

Previously had a set on my 04 GT as well.

#9 ·
Thank you Howard for the pictures, I also followed the links below and saw the web site that sells the lowering kit. They look like a good idea, I may buy my self a birthday present :histerica :histerica . Ride safe Ron

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.