BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about trading in my '02 K1200LT on a newer BMW (K1200GT), but realized when looking at the Kelly Blue Book that I don't know if I've got an LTC, LTS, or LTwhatever. I know there's got to be a list somewhere that makes it easy to tell, but I can't find it. I've got the remote 6 CD changer, which I seem to remember meant a particular letter, but I honestly don't remember.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Jim

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,170 Posts
You need to specify if you have the chrome accents, the trip computer, heated seats, intercom...

Not sure what my 99 was; no chrome, no heated seats, but had the trip computer and CD changer.
Not sure what my 03 was either; no heated seats, and no trip computer, but it had chrome accents and CD changer.

·
Registered
151 Posts
zippy_gg said:
Not sure what my 99 was; no chrome, no heated seats, but had the trip computer and CD changer.
Zippy, Your '99 was an "Icon"....

99.. no computer , chrome, or CD changer a standard..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's got chrome accents. I don't know about the trip computer, but it has temp/mpg/miles remaining on tank/average speed on the readout. It has the CD player in the top of the tank and the remote 6 pack in the right side bag. It has heated grips and heated seats, and an AUX input on the stereo but I've never used it. I was told it had an intercom when I bought it though. It also has the jacks for the heated clothing front and back as well, if that matters.

Here's a pic if it helps

Thanks again!

·
Registered
461 Posts
If you have intercom it is not an LTC, it is the next one up, whatever it was that year, but if it is, should also have a GPS I think.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Ghost55 said:
If you have intercom it is not an LTC, it is the next one up, whatever it was that year, but if it is, should also have a GPS I think.
I've got an intercom on my '99 icon, you can buy them at purchase from dealer you know.....that's what I did, not (at least on '99) a sign of which model....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It doesn't have the GPS, and I think it's only setup to have an intercom added to it. If I need it I just stick the Garmin into the tank bag with the EZ Pass :lol:

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Ghost55 said:
Gary, not sure just which year they started changing the names around, but for the first few years (99-01? 02?) there were three models: Standard; Icon; Custom. The Custom, which is what I have (2000) was the top model, and as such was the one that came with the Intercom normally. It could also be ordered up as an option on the other models as I recall.

Later on they came up with some other names for the top model, and I'm sure someone else can chime in on those names.

·
Registered
805 Posts
In 2002 there were three models: Standard, Custom, and Elite. The Elite had an integrated communication system, CB radio, and Garmin GPS, along with everything on the Custom. The Custom had chrome trim, heated seat, 6-CD changer and radio/cassette player, on board computer (temp, miles remaining to empty, avg speed, avg mpg), and luggage rack with brake light. So, the question would be, is yours a Custom that was upgraded (communication system and in-dash CD player) or an Elite that lost it's GPS and CB radio? I'm guessing Custom that was upgraded, since the Elite came with a AM/FM radio-cassette. Just a guess.

See this link: http://www.motorbyte.com/mmm/pages/2002reviews/review49.htm

·
Registered
710 Posts
That would be the LTE model.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Icon, Standard, or...

Ok, mine is a 2001 LT with a cd player in the right case, intercomm, cassette and AM/FM radio, basic trip computer, heated grips but not seat (that I can find)...and no chrome. ??? Appreciate any advice...

·
Registered
805 Posts
Hey, Tim. You will probably get more replies if you post a new thread rather than adding to the bottom of someone else's old thread. From what I can tell from your description, you have the 'Icon' model with significant optional upgrades. HTH.

·
Registered
13 Posts
What is it

Yeah, just hated to start another "What is it?" thread....I certainly can't tell by the options list. Thanks.

was said:
Hey, Tim. You will probably get more replies if you post a new thread rather than adding to the bottom of someone else's old thread. From what I can tell from your description, you have the 'Icon' model with significant optional upgrades. HTH.

·
BMW Guru
8,469 Posts
StatueMan said:
Ok, mine is a 2001 LT with a cd player in the right case, intercomm, cassette and AM/FM radio, basic trip computer, heated grips but not seat (that I can find)...and no chrome. ??? Appreciate any advice...

Sounds like you have and LT Icon that had an intercom added...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts