BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Not a dumb question... Now I FEEL bad as I ASSumed (yes I know what it means) it was a radial tire as well.

Teach a dog a new trick today..

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Check the letters & numbers on the tire. A 160/70 ZR 17 is a radial a B17 is bias. Metz 880s come in both. I have a Metz 880 radial rear (R18) on my RT and a Bias (B17) on my LT.

·
Registered
313 Posts
As has already been said, the 880 does come in both bias and radial. What's more, is that the front tire for our LT is exactly the same size as the one for the RT, but the RT uses a radial fitment. It has happened to me, and also a couple of years later to my riding buddy, where I went to the motorcycle shop and bought a set of 880s for the RT. Got them mounted and balanced and the bike rode like crap. Checked, and they had put a bias ply on the front and radial ply on the rear. When putting tires on your bike, ALWAYS check the sidewall and make sure you 1) got the right tire, and 2) the rotation is correct for the installation.

And it was not a dumb question. Those are only asked by my wife as I'm trying to fall asleep. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts