BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 2006 klt and cant find where on the bike to plug in the rider headset..(Isaid it was dumb) Theres a 6 pin plug near the passengers backrest but thats the only one I can find.. Can you help??

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,601 Posts
it is usually on the left front fairing just left of the mirror next to the BC readout display.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
What sort of comms system is it, BMW supplied or aftermarket? More info always better than less.
I prob can't help answer it, as my own is self installed....
Is the 6-pin socket at the rear at least the correct type for your cable?

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,601 Posts
Thanks for your reply but...It aint there..and yes, its a factory radio..
The only other thing I could suggest is to start pulling off the side fairings too get to the radio stingray housing to look for a loose cable coming from the radio.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
If you want Bluetooth, PM me. I have a LNIB SENA 20S Dual Kit and LNIB Cardo Scala Rider G9 Dual kit. Out of motoring for a while due to injuries sustained in crash. $$ more helpful than Bike stuff at this time of year!

·
Registered
18 Posts
My 2002 KLTC has a Comm tail coming from under the seat.
Same with my 2002. I haven't torn into it to see if it was stock or whether the PO installed it though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for your help.. Im quite sure Ill have more stupid questions ..Ive been a harley guy for 45 years and the transition to a bmws (rs+lt) is not entirely painless.. Merry Christmas everybody...

·
Registered
787 Posts
If it is a factory comm system post 2005 model there are two 6 pin connectors, one by the left passenger speaker and one in the front left tupperware to the left of the oddments box.

·
Registered
248 Posts
The plug in is on your left side when you are on the bike between the left mirror and the computer read out. If it is not there, do you have a whole in the housing surrounding the mirror area? If no you must have a K1200LT that was made on Mars. LOL In a serious note if there is not a hole something funky is going on. Good Luck and please keep us posted.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Thanks for your help.. Im quite sure Ill have more stupid questions ..Ive been a harley guy for 45 years and the transition to a bmws (rs+lt) is not entirely painless.. Merry Christmas everybody...
For me, that pain is relieved by a fast acceleration to 80mph and a smooth ride with as little or as much wind in my face as I desire...

·
Registered
57 Posts
For me, that pain is relieved by a fast acceleration to 80mph and a smooth ride with as little or as much wind in my face as I desire...

I agree with the windshield being something that has me spoiled already and the LT has longer legs on the top end, but my hopped up Harley is faster to 80 if I can keep the rear tire from going up in smoke. But like most big bore twins.. 80-100 and she is screaming and the vibration is painful.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I agree with the windshield being something that has me spoiled already and the LT has longer legs on the top end, but my hopped up Harley is faster to 80 if I can keep the rear tire from going up in smoke. But like most big bore twins.. 80-100 and she is screaming and the vibration is painful.
Just curious but how much does it cost to hop up the Harley to be faster to 80? 80-90mph and my LT just speeds along, wondering if I'd like to go faster or not...also, no scream and no more vibrations than when going 40mph or any other number. I haven't taken it up to 100 - I would be found on the news because I would be dead if I got a ticket at that speed :frown:

0-40 isn't so impressive but after that in 1st and up, the big girl can put those long legs to use and run, particularly for a tank built primarily for comfort and speed and not speed, speed, speed and something to sit on.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Allegedly, my bike can do 110 without much problem when passing vehicles on two lane roads... allegedly.

·
Registered
702 Posts
If it is a factory comm system post 2005 model there are two 6 pin connectors, one by the left passenger speaker and one in the front left tupperware to the left of the oddments box.
This is the correct answer to your question. If it's not there, someone may have installed a pre-'05 stingray.

GB

·
Registered
242 Posts
Allegedly, my bike can do 110 without much problem when passing vehicles on two lane roads... allegedly.
Is that all, it is rumored that my old Y2K LT will do 125-130 MPH on the open roads between Washington and Montana. >:) However I have no paperwork to prove it(thankfully).
I wish I had more time to ride the old girl, its a great bike.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Is that all, it is rumored that my old Y2K LT will do 125-130 MPH on the open roads between Washington and Montana. >:) However I have no paperwork to prove it(thankfully).
I wish I had more time to ride the old girl, its a great bike.
Well, I haven't been to Montana yet. I definitely don't want any paperwork proof!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts