BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I purchased my 2003 LT, I did not receive any "farkle list" that had been done by the previous owner. The previous owner has also been less than helpful as the bike was repoed - funny how some people are very closed-minded about stuff like that.

My question is - How do I determine if peg lowers have been installed? Is there an easy and distinguishing characteristic of the stock mounts OR of the lowered mounts that would make it possible to determine by visual inspection?

Thank you all in advance for any assistance.

John

·
BMW Guru
8,469 Posts
jcrowleyiv said:
When I purchased my 2003 LT, I did not receive any "farkle list" that had been done by the previous owner. The previous owner has also been less than helpful as the bike was repoed - funny how some people are very closed-minded about stuff like that.

My question is - How do I determine if peg lowers have been installed? Is there an easy and distinguishing characteristic of the stock mounts OR of the lowered mounts that would make it possible to determine by visual inspection?

Thank you all in advance for any assistance.

John
If there is an extra piece of aluminium between the chrome peg and the chrome mounting plate then you have the lowered kit. It should be pretty obvious..

·
Registered
217 Posts
One peg-lowering solution is here. Notice 2 pins used, one attaching a machined block to the bike, another attaching the peg to the machined block. Without the lowering, the peg attaches to the bike with only 1 pin. Chances are the passenger pegs are unmodified, so you can compare with the front and the pictures at the above link.

No affiliation with that link, other than a satisfied customer.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
THANK YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have realized that I DO have peg lowers and that they are NOT the ones by Suburban. Mine have a bolt, lock washer and nut through the aluminum block and TWO PINS, although there is nothing attached to one of the pins.

Attachments

·
Registered
797 Posts
Yes, those are the ones. Your chrome is so clean and reflective, that I had touble figuring out what you had.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for the compliment, Lee. I rode it a little over 1000 miles last weekend and I have not had a chance to clean it up yet. I guess it looks pretty good even when its dirty.

Thank you again for all assistance.

John

1 - 8 of 8 Posts