BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time it rains my cancel switch for the turn signals stays down. I have to manually release it with my thumb. If I forget to release it the next time I need to use my turn signal they won't work because the cancel switch is depressed. I haven't sprayed the switch with anything yet. I'm thinking about trying WD-40 first. Any thoughts?.

·
Registered
The Villages, FL
2,601 Posts
A couple of years ago I had my horn button sticking. I sprayed it with electrical contact cleaner. After a couple of times, it freed the button. You do not want to use wd-40 as it will stay wet and attack dirt. The contact cleaner dries instantly.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Hi, Dave. You mentioned that a few days ago, but then we went on to talk about something else. I hadn't thought about the sticking switch until now. You might want to take the switch housing apart and check for accumulated gunk around it. I doubt spraying WD-40 in it would hurt anything, but if there is substance surrounding the switch, it would probably be best to get it out, rather than move it around. I just looked at my switch with a flashlight and there's not much to see from the outside. When the throttle cables were swapped last year, I didn't pay attention to the inside of the switch housing. I don't know if there would be anything to see from there either. Sorry, not much help.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Electrical cleaner is a better bet. Take it apart completely though to get it really clean.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts