BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am stuck in Giurgiulesti Moldova with a charging system that will not charge. Its a 2014 BMW R1200RT with 69,000 miles. I replaced the battery as a quick fix so I hoped, and to get the bike to Romania. I really want to fix it in Galati and not have to truck it to Bucharest. It is dark out and raining but in the morning I would really appreciate if someone here could tell me where the regulator is. And A picture would help. I am hoping some of those rough roads in the Ukraine may have jarred a wire loose. If not I can do the appropriate testing and hope its not the stator. Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
5,884 Posts
I hope this help, and good luck!

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My solution was to buy a 92AH deep cycle battery in Bucaresti and a battery charger. I can get 500 miles and still have around 11.5 to 6 volts. I think I will ride all the way to Las Vegas like this and fix it at home. The dealer in Bucaresti was asked to look at the charging system as soon as I brought it in and order parts but instead she waited until my assigned service day. She knew full well I was from out of town as she has never seen Nevada license plates before. She also knew that bike has to be in Frankfurt by the 29th. No sense of urgency on her part so I picked the bike up and went to the RV show 2 km from the shop.

Attachments

·
Registered
181 Posts
I guess you have quite a story to tell about your adventure there.
To bad Romania has not improved its public service standards.
Am sure, once you reach Hungary or Austria, you will find a dealer
that will fix your bike like new and way cheaper than in Nevada.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.