BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stripped the clutch ventilation hex screw head when bleeding my clutch last weekend. Thankfully I was able to bypass the stripped head by watching Kurt's clutch bleeding video. I was going to reorder another one from Max BMW (part #: 32 72 2 333 158, VENTILATION SCREW) until I saw it cost $46.67. I didn't see one listed on Beemer Boneyard. Do you all know of another source for the part that may have a more respectable price?

Rob, 2000LT
Navarre, FL

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
I stripped the clutch ventilation hex screw head when bleeding my clutch last weekend. Thankfully I was able to bypass the stripped head by watching Kurt's clutch bleeding video. I was going to reorder another one from Max BMW (part #: 32 72 2 333 158, VENTILATION SCREW) until I saw it cost $46.67. I didn't see one listed on Beemer Boneyard. Do you all know of another source for the part that may have a more respectable price?

Rob, 2000LT
Navarre, FL
Bobby, I have heard of at least one person ( did not see pics) who removed the ventilation attachment and replaced it with just a speed bleeder screw on the end of the hose. It is probably on with locktite so some heat might be necessary to remove it easily.

I know this can be done on the front caliper and the attachment is the same.

Reactions: Patric

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,922 Posts
Yes you can remove it (use some heat) and go slow as there is loctite on the threads. Replace with conventional bleed screw.

Reactions: Patric

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes you can remove it (use some heat) and go slow as there is loctite on the threads. Replace with conventional bleed screw.
JZeiler, when you say "conventional bleed screw," are you referring to a bleed screw like those on the brake calipers? Is there a specific size to ask for?

Thanks,

Rob, 2000LT
Navarre, FL

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
JZeiler, when you say "conventional bleed screw," are you referring to a bleed screw like those on the brake calipers? Is there a specific size to ask for?

Thanks,

Rob, 2000LT
Navarre, FL
The BMW part is

34 21 2 330 310 VENT SCREW - M10 $10.95

I believe it is a 10MM bleed screw.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,922 Posts
The BMW part is

34 21 2 330 310 VENT SCREW - M10 $10.95

I believe it is a 10MM bleed screw.
We have a WINNER!!!! You can find them at auto parts stores as well.

Reactions: johnbaker15

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Bobby, I have heard of at least one person ( did not see pics) who removed the ventilation attachment and replaced it with just a speed bleeder screw on the end of the hose. It is probably on with locktite so some heat might be necessary to remove it easily.

I know this can be done on the front caliper and the attachment is the same.
I did just that on my '05. Makes it a breeze to bleed clutch. Heat the fitting and remove it, attach the SpeedBleeder in its place. Done.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts