BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:
Have a 05 LT that came with stock mounting plate and two wires sticking out through the hole in the back, one of wich will connect to GPS. Installed special bracket, plugged the wire to GPS, fire the bike up: no power, nothing happens. Tried to look for instructions in shop manual, can't find it, try to figure out looking at parts fiches at Max's, can't figure out what is wrong/missing, Help!

·
Registered
345 Posts
2610 Gps

Do you have the cord to plug into 110 volt to check to see if the GPS is OK?
If it works OK with the 110 volt cord you may not have power from the battery. I have an in line fuse on my unit. You will have to check and see if there is power from your battery to the GPS unit.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Just went out to check for power on the "sliding connector"for the GPS and there is none (If I am correct, the first two gold pins are the ones supplying power, the ones separated by a line).
I looked under the seat and found an inline fuse (5 amp) about 6 inches from the battery, the fuse looks OK, is it the right one??

·
Registered
345 Posts
Gps

Denis,

I just checked my unit. It is the bottom brass sliding connector that furnishes the power to the unit. If you do not have 12 volt on that connector you are not getting power to the unit.

Jerry

·
Registered
345 Posts
Gps

I have my GPS hooked up direct to the battery. This way I can setup waypoints with my ignition switch off. I always turn off my GPS with its switch.

Jerry

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good idea!

I still have a couple of rides left before retiring the bike for winter so I will be looking into this and some other mysterious ailments (reverser) during the looooong coooold winter. Last two rides were last week in 32F degrees, you have to really love to ride, will be following this forum regularly, veru nice people here, thanks all, Denis

1 - 7 of 7 Posts