BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hummm, something every strange going on with the LT. It sat out in the rain Saturday Night and when I was loading up Sunday morning to start home after attending the TXDPS Motorcycle Safety Conference. Well, when back in the Hotel, came back to leave and the right front speaker was hummmming???? It would humm off and on for about 150 miles and then stopped. Went to work this AM and the right rear speaker was hummimg, returned from work and the battery was all but dead.
Got any ideas??

PS: the radio has not worked for some time and the CD player has been removed. And the key was in the off position.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I don't know what year your LT is, but I have a 2009 that the radio has done weird things. One time the FM would not play, but the AM would. The intercom will "scream" in our ears for 20 secs. or so. It's the part that I figure will go first on my bike.

·
Registered
710 Posts
On my bike, the radio can be turned on with the key in the "off" position. It is not until the key is turned to the "lock" position does it cut the power off.

If you're not using the radio anyway, you may want to pull the fuse or unplug the thing to prevent another dead battery situation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts