BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike was sitting for about 2 weeks and it was a tropical 30 degrees out thought I would take a ride First of all I hit the key and it did turn over a little slow but IT started but I the first thing I notice was gas coming pretty fast not just a drip it was steady out the right side so I quicky went a 1/2 mile down the road where I work on my bike
GOT there no more gas coming down I figured on changing the orings on the quick couplers and no I have not had the tank off sense this spring and they are steel couplers What is anybodys thoughts on this
Or just take the big tupperware off and change the o-rings
Any way I did take it for a ride and started serveral times sense

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
My bike was sitting for about 2 weeks and it was a tropical 30 degrees out thought I would take a ride First of all I hit the key and it did turn over a little slow but IT started but I the first thing I notice was gas coming pretty fast not just a drip it was steady out the right side so I quicky went a 1/2 mile down the road where I work on my bike
GOT there no more gas coming down I figured on changing the orings on the quick couplers and no I have not had the tank off sense this spring and they are steel couplers What is anybodys thoughts on this
Or just take the big tupperware off and change the o-rings
Any way I did take it for a ride and started serveral times sense
Gary, the right side would be prime territory for QD's or O-rings. Gas coming from anywhere is never good. I would pull the tup and give the O-rings a good look over or change them if you have them and also inspect those fuel lines connecting to the QD's for tightness.

Also, inspect the lock ring for the fuel pump assembly for any signs of leaking and check that for tightness. Those are the only places I can think of where fuel could originate on the right side.

Good luck in finding that.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gary, the right side would be prime territory for QD's or O-rings. Gas coming from anywhere is never good. I would pull the tup and give the O-rings a good look over or change them if you have them and also inspect those fuel lines connecting to the QD's for tightness.

Also, inspect the lock ring for the fuel pump assembly for any signs of leaking and check that for tightness. Those are the only places I can think of where fuel could originate on the right side.

Good luck in finding that.
I guess I will have to break done and take the big tupperware off but trouble is it does leak now but I will probably take a look anyway Do now is easier than doing it on the road

1 - 3 of 3 Posts