BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I'm leaving the U.S for about 9-10 weeks and will store my 07 LT in a container (Pod's).
Any good tips for that?
Disconnect battery? fuel stabilizer? etc..
TIA :bmw:

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
9 or 10 weeks is not a really long time, but I would do just those two things. Disconnect the battery (ground side first, then positive side), and add StaBil to the fuel and let it run for just a bit. I can't think of anything else off the top of my head. Oh yea...put it on it's centerstand, then try to get a scissor jack or something under the motor to get the front tire off the ground just a hair.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Mine has been sitting for 5 weeks while I'm working in Africa. All I did was take the key out. I'll be home in 3 days, I plan on putting the key in & go.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Big_E said:
Mine has been sitting for 5 weeks while I'm working in Africa. All I did was take the key out. I'll be home in 3 days, I plan on putting the key in & go.
Get the battery charger out!!! :p

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Correction, Removed key & plugged in tender.

·
Registered
805 Posts
bimirider said:
Hi guys,
I'm leaving the U.S for about 9-10 weeks and will store my 07 LT in a container (Pod's).
Any good tips for that?
Disconnect battery? fuel stabilizer? etc..
Avi, Avi, Avi. Forget the pod, forget paying to store the bike. I'll store if for you for nothing. And you won't have to unhook the battery or add stabilzer to the fuel, I'll make sure that the bike stays fresh for you. 9-10 weeks, huh? An '07, huh? Oh yea, Avi, I'll take goooood care of it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
was said:
Avi, Avi, Avi. Forget the pod, forget paying to store the bike. I'll store if for you for nothing. And you won't have to unhook the battery or add stabilzer to the fuel, I'll make sure that the bike stays fresh for you. 9-10 weeks, huh? An '07, huh? Oh yea, Avi, I'll take goooood care of it.
Asked my lady LT...she said that she would go out only with me... :rotf:
Sorry...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
messenger13 said:
9 or 10 weeks is not a really long time, but I would do just those two things. Disconnect the battery (ground side first, then positive side), and add StaBil to the fuel and let it run for just a bit. I can't think of anything else off the top of my head. Oh yea...put it on it's centerstand, then try to get a scissor jack or something under the motor to get the front tire off the ground just a hair.
When reconnecting the battery,any spacial drills to do with all the electronics on bike?
Or just reconnect & go? I wonder?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts