BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The two brake lights started to flash continuously on my LT, 1999 model. I realised then than the back brakes did not work at all. There was a leak on one of the rubber hoses which I replaced. The brakes work again properly, but lights still flash all the time. What can I do to stop that?

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
The two brake lights started to flash continuously on my LT, 1999 model. I realised then than the back brakes did not work at all. There was a leak on one of the rubber hoses which I replaced. The brakes work again properly, but lights still flash all the time. What can I do to stop that?

A 99 should have the ABS II without the servo assist. In order for the lights to stop flashing, the bike needs to sense movement so possibly the speed sensor front or rear is bad. Also, you may still have some air in the system. If you can find a GS911 to plug in, you may get more information on the fault.

·
Registered
The Villages, FL
2,601 Posts
Try disconnecting the battery for 30 minutes. Just remember that when you reconnect the battery do the following:
--Turn on key but do not start.
--Fully open and close the throttle two times.
--Shut off key.
--Restart the bike.
If that does not clear the flashing brake lights (once you are moving), there is a reset procedure somewhere on this website, otherwise you will need to make a trip to the dealer for the reset.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts