BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I will see if I can explain this. My bike has the stock j&m intercom system built into the bike. I donr use it. Instead I use my sena SMH10. One problem my gps is a garmin 2720 and the audio only works through the j&m intercom. Is there a adapter that I can plug into the stock port (where my j&m intercom system use to plug in) that adapts it to a 3.5 headset plug? My sena has a plug for aux audio. That way I dont have to buy a new gps with bluetooth.

·
Registered
290 Posts
If your GPS isn't Bluetooth, but has an audio out port, get a Sena SM10 dual stream Bluetooth stereo transmitter, plug your GPS into it, pair the SM10 with your headset, and you will have wireless GPS instructions to your headset.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My gps does not have a audio output port. It only has sound through the stock intercom system. I looked at the sena sm10 it is exactly what I need EXCEPT they dont have the plug to go in the BMW intercom system. They have them for harley goldwings kawasaki victorylol everything but BMW.

So I was just going to adapt it with something like this http://www.plugup.com/5_pin_7_pin_audio_only_stereo_earbud_adapter_p/ad y1.htm tthis would accomplish what I need. But once again they dont sell one for BMW.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Reportedly, Sena is working on one for the BMW. But I'll believe it when I see it.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts

·
Registered
The Villages, FL
2,601 Posts
kellenbenz said:
These people sell the adapter for BMW but it looks like you will have to call them and make sure you get the 6 pin version.
http://www.plugup.com/5_pin_6_pin_7_pin_audio_mic_stereo_earbud_adapter_p/ad%20y567.htm
Ron
Thanks for that link Ron! I have been trying to get J&M to make me this adapter for six months, but John keeps blowing me off.

oosel - J&M does sell a $500 adapter called a CFBR unit. I cannot seeing paying $500! I have a Motorola HF-820 bluetooth adapter that I want to try with the J&M system. Currently, through the adapter, I can hear the call come in and it will auto answer, but I cannot talk back. I am going to order the adapter from Maryanne (?) and see how it works.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts