BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

While installing a new GPS in place of the Nav III, I ran into this plug again that I have yet to know what it's for. It was on the bike when I got it and I suspect that it is for the saddlebag CD player. The first picture shows it with the nylon cover and the second one shows it without the cover. Any thoughts as to what it's for? Thanks! :bmw:

Attachments

·
Registered
506 Posts
Possibly something pre-wired for a Voice II com system? It looks like the in helmet com system that was wired up under my pillion seat when I got my '05 (not factory in my case.)

·
Registered
79 Posts
I agree, this is probably for the Comm II system

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,167 Posts
Most likely wired for Comm as it is NOT for the CD in the side case.

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, guys! I hadn't thought it could be related to the wired communication system as there is are external plugs on the stingray and the topcase for helmet plug ins. I pulled up my copy of the BMW Communication System V.O.I.C.E. II manual, and on page 19 it states: "...BMW Motored communications system also offers an interface for connecting a CB radio.... For this purpose you must remove the protective cap from the corresponding socket." So it must be this plug for the CB that was never installed on my bike. :bmw:

·
Registered
506 Posts
Thanks, guys! I hadn't thought it could be related to the wired communication system as there is are external plugs on the stingray and the topcase for helmet plug ins. I pulled up my copy of the BMW Communication System V.O.I.C.E. II manual, and on page 19 it states: "...BMW Motored communications system also offers an interface for connecting a CB radio.... For this purpose you must remove the protective cap from the corresponding socket." So it must be this plug for the CB that was never installed on my bike. :bmw:
Ah - that makes sense. I didn't think about a CB.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts