BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 2004 LT with central Locking. I have frequent problems with the lock on the stingray cover remaining locked, or at least unopenable, even when the central locking is off. I have greased the latch before in case it was that. The only way to get it open is several, and I mean several, attempts at banging my the palm of my hand against it. This only works one in five attempts. I have not been able to open it on this occasion for over a week. Any thoughts ?

·
Premium Member
3,872 Posts
It is the relay going bad.

To open it, lightly press down on your lid release/lock, lock then unlock with the key fob and it should open for you. My 05 was doing this at delivery and it took them awhile to figure out the problem...that and a whole lot of other problems. Good luck.

·
Registered
216 Posts
markmoloney said:
I have an 2004 LT with central Locking. I have frequent problems with the lock on the stingray cover remaining locked, or at least unopenable, even when the central locking is off. I have greased the latch before in case it was that. The only way to get it open is several, and I mean several, attempts at banging my the palm of my hand against it. This only works one in five attempts. I have not been able to open it on this occasion for over a week. Any thoughts ?
I have an 05 and I solved my "sticking" problem by undoing the screws that hold it in place and the tightening them very slowly. Each time you make a turn with the torx wrench lock and the unlock the bike. It worked for me.

Cheers, Bill
05 K1200 LT

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lonewuff said:
It is the relay going bad.

To open it, lightly press down on your lid release/lock, lock then unlock with the key fob and it should open for you. My 05 was doing this at delivery and it took them awhile to figure out the problem...that and a whole lot of other problems. Good luck.

Where is the relay located so I can change it ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts