BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried a few things to try and determine the reason why my centerstand is not working. First, all checks were done i.e., not in reverse, in neutral, no breaks, and side stand is up. Secondly, checked motor and actuator and both work ok. I did connect power supply directly to switch at bottom and stand did work at that time. However still get flashing light on dash and centerstand continues to not operate. I had forgotten about possibility I disconnected something when I yanked on heater seat wiring when I was replacing stock seat. Could I have unplugged something? I keep hearing my problem may also be a "proximity switch or magnetic sensor that fails to identify that side stand is up. Anyone have any ideas on weather I simply have something unplugged or weather o may actually have an electrical problem.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I am sure there is relay somewhere that activates the power to the center stand, find that and make sure it is plugged in and functioning properly. Kieth

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't suppose you can be more specific on what I should look for? Is there a way to test such a relay?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts