BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my LT now for eleven months, and it still amazes me and many others especialy those that ride. My LT is an 03 which at the time of purchase it had 6700 miles on the odo. it now has around 25700. Most places I stop it attracts much attention, many from riders that are not familar with the LT. The conversation always goes to where are you from and where are you going and leads into how many miles on the LT. the response to the numbers are shocking to most, they usually admit to having a couple of thousand miles on thier ride, which is a couple of years old. They usually ask how can you ride that much?

I attended the tech session at Griffs which was about 500 miles from home and it was a joy to ride there, and even more fun riding home, with the adjustments to valves, bike performed better than it ever had. Gas milage went from 38 to 45 mpg and I wont admit to how fast I was going but I made it to Houston in two hours from Griffs. I was tired when I left, after a full day on the floor at Griffs. When I headed out on I-10 I was rejuvinated and really worked up. It was after midnight before I could sleep.

I am anxious to return home to ride more. I have had many hobbies, and the LT is beyond hobby, it is a Passion.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Hey NOGILLS2, glad you made it home OK (and quickly). I agree with you, I am still amazed and I have only been a LT rider for a month. I find myself in the house doing different things and my mind is wandering outside to the bike and thinking about going for a ride. Last week I was with a Goldwing and we stopped for some BBQ about 60 miles from home. Now, this Wing has STUFF on it. I mean LIGHTS!!!!!!! We were inside eating and an older couple (older than me is called older) came in and asked who was on the "green" bike. Then he asked (get this) "is that a Harley? It is really neat looking". He never even mentioned the Wing.
Guess I gotta go and take a ride. :D

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
Yesterday Karen and I did a 300 mile loop and at 34F we were getting a little chill and stopped for espresso..............................................................
Older woman going blah, blah, blah, blah..........she finally left......................
then came back in and said "that's not a motorcycle, that's a work of art."

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Need to add this to what I appreciate about the LT

1 - 5 of 5 Posts