BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i have noticed that since i bought my bike that my 02 lt has a very stiff throttle i was at a dealer today & there were two other lt,s there neither took any effort to opperate the throttle. has anyone experienced this and if so what is the cure. my service manual has yet to arrive. thanks

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
time to replace the cables, plenty of info on the site do a search it is well documented with photo's etc.
good luck

·
Registered
179 Posts
Yep - throttle cable time.

The guy I bought my 02 from just added a Throttle Rocker, but it still will wear your wrist out. Changed my cables over to the new style and it is a different bike.

Don't mess around with band-aids, just drop the $200 and be happy. I am sure glad I did!

Good luck.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
did look at threads about cables after i posted, please are the 05 & up cables direct replacements or are there any other parts i need.

had the bike a month love every ride 3000 miles so far

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
It's a lot easier than it looks to replace the throttle cables. You'll be glad you did it when finished........ :D

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
+1 on all of above.
Cable replacement gave me peace of mind. But I noticed the biggest difference when I cleaned and regreased the throttle handle

1 - 8 of 8 Posts