BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been lurking around in the BMW forums for about three years. I still don't know why they are called "Sticky Polls".

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
Dude, I have no idea what you're talking about.

·
IBR# 366
16,553 Posts
A Poll is simply a question asked among members. Such as: What color is your bike? Or: How many miles per year? Or other questions of interest. When done in a forum like this, there are usually some pre-determined answers that each member can choose from, and the forum software tallies and displays the answers.

A Sticky is a method of keeping a particular thread always at the top of the thread list. Such as the CanBus 101 thread in this forum that is of ongoing interest and which gets referred to many times.

A Sticky Poll is therefore a poll that is of continued interest, so it stays near the top of the forum thread listing where it can be found easily. :)

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
meese said:
A Poll is simply a question asked among members. Such as: What color is your bike? Or: How many miles per year? Or other questions of interest. When done in a forum like this, there are usually some pre-determined answers that each member can choose from, and the forum software tallies and displays the answers.

A Sticky is a method of keeping a particular thread always at the top of the thread list. Such as the CanBus 101 thread in this forum that is of ongoing interest and which gets referred to many times.

A Sticky Poll is therefore a poll that is of continued interest, so it stays near the top of the forum thread listing where it can be found easily. :)
Thanks for the explanation. All this time I thought that:

A poll is what the No Parking sign is attached to. A sticky is what the police officer puts on your windscreen when you park your bike next to it. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts