BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After washing my bike yesterday I noticed that as I played the stereo that the sound level keep jumping up and down! I switched between the 6 CD changer and the CD in the console and it didn't make any difference ...still had the problem. I'm thinking that it might be the volume control on the handle bars. Maybe it's getting wet inside because after the bike dried out the problem seemed to go away. Has anyone had the same problem and if so what caused it and what needs to be replaced? thanks, Ron Ray

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
What in the bike determines when the audio volume increases automatically when we're riding? IS it speed, or ambient noise, or??? If ambient noise, could it be that something in your surroundings was telling it to go up and down?

All I can think of......

Rando

·
Premium Member
7,795 Posts
Sounds like your volume control switch may be damp... or the connectors under the tupperware may be "shorting" due to moisture.. If still under warranty, may want to get your control switch replaced...

·
Registered
437 Posts
ronlray said:
After washing my bike yesterday I noticed that as I played the stereo that the sound level keep jumping up and down! I switched between the 6 CD changer and the CD in the console and it didn't make any difference ...still had the problem. I'm thinking that it might be the volume control on the handle bars. Maybe it's getting wet inside because after the bike dried out the problem seemed to go away. Has anyone had the same problem and if so what caused it and what needs to be replaced? thanks, Ron Ray

I've had the same problem....more of it when new though. Can't say it's been when wet. Talked to your dealer about it??.........I always forget to say something.

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
rando said:
What in the bike determines when the audio volume increases automatically when we're riding? IS it speed, or ambient noise, or??? If ambient noise, could it be that something in your surroundings was telling it to go up and down?

All I can think of......

Rando
It is speed, based on the speed sensor pulse train. You can set the rate with the radio controls, or just turn it off.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sound goes Up and down

Sorry fellows, I should have said that this occurs when the bike is stopped dead. I didn't even have the motor running, just the stereo. Thanks, Ron

1 - 6 of 6 Posts