BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I removed the CD changer from my bike, all was well for a few minutes, then the system went haywire! When I switch it on, the panel backlight comes on, no messages for about a minute, then it tell me "NO RADIO" for a few seconds and shuts itself down. None of the buttons work whilst this is going on.
I've tried disconnecting the battery to see if anything resets, no change. I put the cd changer back in, no change.
I'm resigned to repairing/replacing the unit (the radio/cassette under the stingray), but just in case I've missed something obvious I thought I'd consult the collective wisdom on here first? :confused:

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,556 Posts
If you just disconnected the cable in the saddle bag, that should not have caused any issues. How long did you have the negative terminal off the battery? A good 10 minutes should ensure the computer in the radio re-boots.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FIXED, blown fuse all working again!
New question, any recommendations for a new head unit (Sony, Pioneer etc) that will simply "plug and play" and work with the bikes handlebar controls?

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Sorry, there is no "plug and play" option. A few people have modified an after market radio so you can use the controls.

·
Registered
13 Posts
To anyone thinking upgrading the radio. I recently purchased my 06 LT and the radio had issues, some speakers didnt work and it was difficult to seek radio stations. I purchased a Pioneer DEH-X6710BT and changed out the rear speakers to Sony 5 1/'4, 4 way's. I wasn't able to swap out the front speakers due to fact I would've had to remove more hardware... The speakers were fine anyways and sounded great.. Once the radio was installed I added a cell phone holder thats sits right above the stingray. The phone (Android) is paired via bluetooth to the radio. Whats also great Pioneer has a Free App so you control the radio directly from the phone. Plus I paired my Helmet via Sena Bluetooth so I can listen to the radio/cd or talk on my cell. I'll add some photo's later. Removing the tuperware and reinstalling wasnt as bad as I thought. Now I feel more confident to work on my own bike..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts