BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Should be OK if you are experienced LT rider.

I rode over it 2up on an RT with no issues.

Watch for opposing traffic as there is no way for any vehicle (including motorcycles) to make the insde turns without going into oncomming lane. Look for oncommming traffic and adjust speed to time arrival at a turn when it's all yours.

48 turns, by 24 you will be wondering "when will this end?"

Great view.
Show us pics when you're done.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Did the Stelvio in 2009. You just have to keep your LT in motion. The bends are real sharp.

It doesn`t matter if you do the Stelvio with an LT or with another bike. there are many more nicer passes around. The Stelvio isn`t nice. Pottholes in nearly every bend und the road surface sucks a lot!!!!

Only good thing is the view down to the road once you are opn the top!

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
No problem on an LT. Seen Harleys and goldwings do it. There are better passes in Europe but its still on the must do list. Nice trinket shopping at the top

·
Registered
237 Posts
Lovely area with plenty of possibilites. My suggestions:

First go to the Kaunertal - close by
Silvretta - B 188
Samnaun
Timmelsjoch
Passo di Giova
Kaunertal
Zugspitzarea

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks
some of those I had on my list, otrher not.
Do you have GPS files for any? Some I can not find e.g.Zugspitzarena

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
I know you are planning to be based in Austria, Next time look into the Hof+Post hotel in Innertkirchen Switzerland. Go to their website and view the loops they recommend. Hotel is clean and very biker friendly. The passes and scenery of the area are of the best in the world. Only problem is Switzerland is a bit expensive.

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
sanjaun2 said:
I know you are planning to be based in Austria, Next time look into the Hof+Post hotel in Innertkirchen Switzerland. Go to their website and view the loops they recommend. Hotel is clean and very biker friendly. The passes and scenery of the area are of the best in the world. Only problem is Switzerland is a bit expensive.
I have done Susten, Grimsel, Furka so many times I need a change!
And as you say Switzerland is VERY expensive. You even need to buy a one YEAR motorbike tax for a one DAY visit!

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
c00k1e said:
I have done Susten, Grimsel, Furka so many times I need a change!
And as you say Switzerland is VERY expensive. You even need to buy a one YEAR motorbike tax for a one DAY visit!
I was lucky enough to tour Switzerland twice before being told of the tax. Also lucky not to have been stopped! Next time I think I will go to Spain again. Much cheaper and the weather is better in the spring. Enjoy your ride. I leave in an hour for a two week tour of the USA west. Not to bad there either.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts