BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello again every body

i have searching for steering dumper for my LT 2001 its
i have found one in ebay but for 2008 ist the same or is there any aftermarket parts
Waiting for your advice and thank you all

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
There are other threads on rebuilding your steering damper rather than replacing it. Do a search and you should find them, no aftermarket that I know of. But I don't know everything. :)
There is a new part number for the 99-04 models but they all should be the same. There was a steering geometry change starting in 2005 so I don't know if they changed the damper then.

Question; why are you replacing it, has it leaked, bent, broken?

·
Registered
19 Posts
fire-blade said:
steering dumper
I hope not! :rotf:

The units are rebuildable, doing a quick search of this site will give you several threads with step by step if you are mechanically inclined.

Note:
Bob's BMW microfiche shows the different years to have different part numbers.
Evidence to believe that they have been revised between the years and would
probably not work. ???????? Speculation on my part, as johnbaker15 said they
changed the geometry and might have changed the damper as well.
Wacky Germans with their numbers and all that.

99-04 part 3142 233219
http://store.bobsbmw.com/microfiche/BrowseParts.aspx?GroupName=Steering&MBike=51717&GroupID=32

05 and up part 3142 770421
http://store.bobsbmw.com/microfiche/BrowseParts.aspx?GroupName=Steering&MBike=51715&GroupID=32

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
If you are not inclined to rebuild your own, fellow member CochinoSucio rebuilds them for a nominal cost. He has spares so he generally sends out the rebuilt unit and you send yours back to him so he can rebuild it for the next person.

He is a great guy and an amazing tech. Send him a PM if this might be of interest to you.

·
Registered
594 Posts
johnbaker15 said:
...There are other threads on rebuilding your steering damper rather than replacing it. Do a search and you should find them....
Tried. Did not succeed. Multiple threads of this subject but really did not succeed in finding detailed (or at least some level of description) of how to. So appreciate if someone could point to correct direction.

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
C-A-D said:
Tried. Did not succeed. Multiple threads of this subject but really did not succeed in finding detailed (or at least some level of description) of how to. So appreciate if someone could point to correct direction.
Did a quick search, here is one. I'll try to dig a couple more as this one is dated.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.