BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't see much detail about tech sessions at this year's STC. Not sure what's offered this year, or who's coordinating service/accessory installation.

My '99 has the warm weather hesitation issue. No brown wire to cut on these models, but I understand that the air temp sensor can be disconnected to help with this issue.

Anyone have any experience with this modification? What bodywork (if any) must be removed in order to access the sensor? I usually prefer to get help or at least observe a procedure before trying it on my own.

If someone attending STC-III is willing to point the way, I'd be obliged. Work permitting, I am hoping to come Thursday and stay part of the day on Friday. I have to be back home late Friday afternoon for a work commitment.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Weyman-

I disconnected my temp sensor years ago, but as I recall I think you can see it and get to it without undoing any tupperware. Seems like it was an easy "unplug" job.

Somebody at STC will know which plug it is and fix you right up in minutes. If I get there we can look at mine and compare too.

I never really noticed the hesitation issue but I did think, at least psychologically, that I had a little more oomph after I disconnected it and reset the motronic from having the battery disconected for awhile.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts