BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Just a thought, maybe we can get the Yellow Wolf to talk about his unofficial Iron Butt/24 hours of the Dragon Experience. He might be had for the price of an infomercial for his video services.

Another thought might be for a guided ride of Fontana by the gentleman who presented his slide show at last years STC. Could be fun.

But what do I know, I'm a just another Northerner. :)

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Re: STC

Have you all got a date in mind? April 27-29 is taken for me as of now, rest is open. Have the entire 3rd week of April off.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
messenger13 said:
Rumor has it that it'll be the third weekend of April...the 19th, 20th, and 21st.
Joe,
sent you an email.

Lynn

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Re: 3rd week

messenger13 said:
Rumor has it that it'll be the third weekend of April...the 19th, 20th, and 21st.

If that becomes a reality, I do suspect I'll be there, maybe even a day early. :)

Thanks

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
DaveDragon said:
Tom (tmgs), Lynn King and I have been discussing this by email.

Feel free to join in.
btw Steve was heard from as well, so ther are several now

BTW I was in Tampa last night at kojaks for dinner with a bunch of friends, not bad ribs at all, not sure what they rubbed em down with but it was good

Attachments

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'll make the trip.
I've dropped a line to a friend with the AMA, he has been promoting a deal with instructors tagging behind the rider on a selected route with communications between the two. Once the route has been ridden go back to the classroom or campground, go over the pro's and con's hit the road again to correct the bad habits. Also, he has been looking at first responder to a downed biker to be included with this lesson. As much as we all ride I feel that this would be just as important as anything I could do for myself or the safety of my fellow riders. He has mentioned that a cost is involved, I would love to take such a corse and be happy to had over some cash for the lessons.

Ricky Joe

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Motorman slow school.

I will offer the motorman slow school, whoever wishes. I plan on having a second instructor for those dates. Maybe some new exercises. Like to know if this something that interest the LT riders?

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Great, I am trying to get another motorcop to join me, who also rides an LT, so there will be about 20 years of motorcop riding experiences.

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
motorman587 said:
Great, I am trying to get another motorcop to join me, who also rides an LT, so there will be about 20 years of motorcop riding experiences.
Only 20 years?! :eek: :D

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
motorman587 said:
I will offer the motorman slow school, whoever wishes. I plan on having a second instructor for those dates. Maybe some new exercises. Like to know if this something that interest the LT riders?
I missed the opportunity to participate at the 2005 gathering but definately plan on making this one.

·
Registered
285 Posts
motorman587 said:

I am interested.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Yup, I got 13 years as motorman and my partner has 11 years. I will around the beginning of the year take some names and dates. I will offer a am and pm class. I will also be at cabin to take names the first night. I had a blast two years ago. Will hand out certificates Saturday night at the dinner.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
motorman587 said:

Got my interest, too!
Now I'll have to try even harder to make it to STC!

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
grifscoots said:
You think I could pass it this time?
don't know, I hear tale them GT's don't go slow ennough

<grin>

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Grif, you will always pass. :)

I think I can teach you a trick two on the GT. :)

I just hook up a third instructor. So you will have three motorcops out there. Great guys, you "will" have good time.

·
Registered
13,451 Posts
motorman587 said:
Grif, you will always pass. :)

I think I can teach you a trick two on the GT. :)

I just hook up a third instructor. So you will have three motorcops out there. Great guys, you "will" have good time.
John, your class is the best I've ever taken! I'm putting this on the calendar and hope to hell I can shake free.

Folks, y'all know how good motorcops can ride. If you want to learn some stuff from the pro's themselves, this is the class for you.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 20 of 88 Posts