BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Got word from James, also home safe. Here are what few pictures I took of the event this time. We started with a ride to the Pisgha Inn on Thursday. The parkway was totally clouded in and visibility was a hundred or so feet at times. Ignore the date on the pic, my new phone would not connect to set the date.

We arrived there safely and slowly and the view was anything but spectacular as it was n on existent as you can see out the window behind us.

We enjoyed our lunch and headed back to the IronHorse for dinner later that evening.

Sorry Jim, caught you with your eyes closed.

We had John Z, Gilles and Kathy, Susan and myself, James, Patty and Glen and I apologize for not remembering all the names of the others with us on Saturday night. John and Charlene came down and joined us for the Prime rib dinner.

We all had a good time and many of us are looking forward to the fall reunion there on October 15th - 18th.

Reactions: pkpr1998

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
A couple additional pics.

If you can see the tilt, this is the start of 1 of 2 drops I had for the day. Turned around to see someone behind us and didn't catch the bike starting to lean to the right. THUMP

This drop happened because of the rain and the river running along the curbs. I pulled up into the water to pull out and a car was coming so I stopped and tried to put my foot down. Unfortunately, the lowest part of the gully was under where I was trying to put my food and there was no ground to be found. Some days the bear wins.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
You know those drops were less than a mile apart but going in different directions.

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Yes, first one was my fault as I twisted my body to look backwards while sitting on an LT not on a stand and lost reference of what was straight up. Once it went so far, all I could do was get out of the way. Second, couldn't see the ground or how deep the water was or that there was a dip under where I wanted to put my foot. Still my fault for not being more careful but another LT lesson learned. I hope I run out of new things that make an LT go thump soon.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
There will always be those things, Gordon. Some things you just can't anticipate since you can't see them. Sorry your LT took wetnaps.

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
There will always be those things, Gordon. Some things you just can't anticipate since you can't see them. Sorry your LT took wetnaps.
Only the second one was wet. The first one was a dry nap ;)

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Oops. Now that I'm paying attention, I see blue skies and dry road in the first pic.

Reactions: bmwcoolk1200

·
Enjoy The Ride
K1300GT K1200LT
4,022 Posts
I have moved my paid room in April over to my unpaid room for the SMFR in October. I plan on riding up on the Saturdays that any of you will be there for breakfast and a day ride before I ride home. If there is a cancellation on the Saturday I ride there I would stay the night.
I have had to cancel my room for the SMFR next month. I have doctors appointments on that Thursday & Friday & I can not ride a bike for some time because of a right hand injury. So now my room is paid for the STC in April 2021. If possible I will drive over on Saturday for awhile.

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
That is a bummer Dave. Hope to see you on Saturday and that your hand injury is not too severe.

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,178 Posts
We couldn't find a room at the Ironhorse Lodge. Other facilities recommended?

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,178 Posts
Got it solved, thank you Susan and Gordon!

Reactions: bmwcoolk1200

·
Premium Member
7,862 Posts
We couldn't find a room at the Ironhorse Lodge. Other facilities recommended?
Same
We have the same problem. I called the IHML yesterday and only the bunkhouse and a room in the Hawg Hideaway are available; I'd take that, but the 3 flights of stairs to this top-floor room won't work for us.

What accommodations did you find?

61 - 72 of 72 Posts