BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
I was at the IronHorse June 18-21. While some things have not changed, some things have. I saw Charlene Thursday evening when she was at the lodge picking up dinner. We had a bit of time to talk while waiting for the line to open. Dinner starts at 7:00 now. Charlene told me all but 2 of their staffers are gone, Pam and another name of which I can't recall. There are no work campers. You present your name at a counter installed across the area where we used to make our salads, get utensils, etc. You get your drink (there is a soda fountain) and a table marker from the worker behind the counter and pick out a table, inside or outside. The server from the kitchen brings your meal. So, how is the food, you ask. Breakfast is as good as it ever was. Hard to mess up eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits, etc. Dinners, not as good as they used to be. The choices didn't seem to be as varied as in the past. Charlene's Smoky Mountain Chicken was not an offering. She didn't know if they were using her recipe for the prime rib. It was still good. And this. This is the worst thing they could possibly do. They no longer serve (Oh, Lord, it pains me to write it!)... They no longer serve a CBS! They have a chocolate lava cake. It will never measure up to the Chocolate Brownie Sundae. I got to spend a little time with John on Saturday. I told him it seemed that the heart and soul of the place was gone. John said the heart and soul of the place was Charlene. I agreed with him, but reminded him that they both poured everything they had into the place and it showed. Jerry has made upgrades that John and Charlene likely would have in time. I didn't know who he was, but Jerry walked past me a few times on Saturday. He never spoke, no acknowledgement that I was there. John pointed him out to me a little later that afternoon.

·
Registered
4,247 Posts
Just another update. Next years STC is set for 14 -18 April 2021. Anyone that had reservations for this years event can move that reservation to another date this year OR move it to next years STC in April 2021. I just booked my STC 2021. We will still be going up in August 19-23 and we also plan to shoot up there just as soon as they can open up and travel can resume.
Moved ours to April 14 2021 - dang this covid!

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I am still going, probably solo as well just to check it out before we both go up in October. See you all in April

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
I moved my K1600 Rez to this August 14th for a few day in the hog hollow cabin with a small group. I also booked a room for Aprils STC. I look forward to catching up with LT folks as some times in August may overlap.

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
OK, so John is going to be there, Susan and I will be there, I see Zippy and kathy, Mike and Gretchen, and James also moved/made reservations. Anyone else manage to make reservations for next week/end?

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 · (Edited)
I was trying to figure that out myself, looks like it will be small group rides. Oh, our local friends Patty and Glenn will be there Thursday as well. I think Mike and Gretchen moved it to April 21, not sure on Kathy and Gilles.

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
I will send Gilles a text tomorrow to see if they are going. James and wife have not said they cancelled the Lonestar so there is another couple till they chime in with a current status otherwise. Yes, likely a small group and you solo this time. Susan won't be there till Thursday night so maybe 5 bikes and a sling shot on this fall reunion warm up unless we get some more responses.

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,178 Posts
Kathy and I are going!
How many people would like to meet for lunch at the Pisgah Inn?
John mentioned that we are likely to need reservations so I'd like to get a headcount before calling

1-2 Kathy and Gilles

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
I will go if they are serving and seating with reservations.

1-2 Kathy and Gilles
3 Gordon ( Susan will not be there on Thursday )

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Me too please. My friends Patty and Glenn will be coming up later on Thursday and won't make it for lunch.

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,178 Posts
1-2 Kathy and Gilles
3 Gordon ( Susan will not be there on Thursday )
4 John Z
5 ?

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Y'all have fun

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
James and wife are the only others I know have a reservation for this weekend who may want to go depending on their arrival. I don't think his message earlier in this thread said anything other than the room " Lonestar"

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,178 Posts
I'll make a reservation for 6 people and call back if we need to adjust the number of people
Is 12:00 OK or should I shoot for 12:30?

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,178 Posts
I made a reservation for 6 people at 11:45 under GUEZILLE. The next available time was 2:30:oops:
I'll call back if we need to adjust the number of people.

Reactions: bmwcoolk1200

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
That sounds good for 11:45

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
See you there.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Made it home from a very fun weekend at Ironhorse. Hit showers at Ducktown and then clear sailing until 10 miles from home. Managed to find the only cloud that was down pouring rain and in an effort to avoid it went in circles until I was soaked. Oh well only bad decision I made the whole trip.

Reactions: mwnahas

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Also home from the fun. No showers in my way. With a little repair work, I will be looking forward to October and the fall reunion.

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,178 Posts
Home also and no rain to speak of...

41 - 60 of 72 Posts