BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ran into a problem, not surprisingly, on the nicest day of the week. My battery has been a little low since it has sat all winter, but it started up fine last week, and the week before. It actually started for a second and then turned back off tonight. Now I can turn the starter, but no fire. It does'nt sound like its trying to fire at all??? I hear the fuel pump kicking on when the ignition is on, stays on for a few seconds and then shuts off as it should. All lights and instruments are normal. All of the head slappers have been checked (ie. kick stand, out of gear, etc...). Any suggestions before I start pulling plastic to see if I have spark?

·
Registered
255 Posts
It sounds like all you need to do is charge your batterry. Also always connect a batterry tender when not riding for an extended period of time.

·
Registered
185 Posts
+1 on battery & fuel.
Occam's razor, the simpliest solution may be the best solution.

Before you go pulling tupperware off make sure you have a fully charged battery, good fuel and fuel pressure (which it appears you have by your description), then check for spark.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I'm a dummy... I had very little, BAD fuel in the tank. Put some good stuff in and it fired right up. I thought i had enough good gas in it to fire.... aparently not! Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Good! Before you put her away again, consider using either StaBul Blue formula or SeaFoam to help suspend thet ethanol. After Spring and you are riding more it's not so critical.

Being a Hoosier by birth I know it will snow during High School basketball sectional time.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
ridinredfox said:
Good! Before you put her away again, consider using either StaBul Blue formula or SeaFoam to help suspend thet ethanol. After Spring and you are riding more it's not so critical.

Being a Hoosier by birth I know it will snow during High School basketball sectional time.
And if you cannot find StaBul, try StaBil. Works just as well... ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts