BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was riding yesterday afternoon. Nice day, sunny and dry (for a change) but cool 41f. I was on a portion of highway when my nose started bleeding like crazy. The highway was crowdy and there was not really any place for me to stop safely. So I decided to keep riding until the next gas station, pinching my nose with my left hand and I did that for about 15/20mns. At the time I was able to stop my left glove was soaked with blood and I had blood all over my jacket, pant and bike seat. :eek: When people saw me at the gas station they thought I had a major accident. Next time I will have pegs in my pocket just in case :)

·
Registered
989 Posts
First of all, you ruined prefectly good riding gear. Shame on you!

Seriously, though, even though I am not a doctor and don't play one on TV: burst vessel without reason? Not even sneezing? Gotta keep an eye on that.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
rdwalker said:
First of all, you ruined prefectly good riding gear. Shame on you!

Seriously, though, even though I am not a doctor and don't play one on TV: burst vessel without reason? Not even sneezing? Gotta keep an eye on that.

x2 I'm no Dr.but I'd suggest getting you Blood Pressure checked out while your there.............?..............sounds like it might be a bit high...........B-Safe and keep the Faith.........Jim :cool:

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,175 Posts
I would credit the dry air for your nose bleed.
Many folks who go skiing experience this in altitude with very low humidity.
I am from the Alps and I remember placing every night a pan full of water on the radiator in our bedroom to add moisture in the air. By morning the pan would be almost empty.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Go see a good doctor. If i knew a good one I would give you a name, but however find one and get checked out, so we don't get a post that you have.

Checked Out, that is

·
Registered
475 Posts
Could be nothing, but bleeding noses could be a sign of something more serious. I'd get my blood pressure checked at Walgreens and leave it as that. If it happens again then get it checked out. Dry air can cause your nose to bleed.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Nosebleeds can have various causes. I agree you should check your blood pressure a few times. The top number should be less than 140 and the bottom number less than 90.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,256 Posts
And here I thought this was a new technique for flushing the brakes....

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
I suffer spontaneous nosebleeds when the humdiity in the air is low. I have since I was a kid. The best part of visiting Denver, CO for me is landing back in Portland, OR where the grass is green year round, the air smells like pine trees and the humidity is high!

Makes my snotlocker happy happy happy!

God bless the Pacific Northwest!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts