BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi again,finally got around to ordering a set of brake lines for k1200lt aka bonnie the beastie beemer can anyone point me in direction of a post regarding line replacement my Clymer book says little of this thanks in advance ,slate :wave

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Kirk made a good video on the line replacement. You should watch it before you start. It isn't difficult.

Hint, do the rear caliper last and use the bleed nipple from there to do the front right ventilation screw thingy and you can also bleed the clutch as it also has a ventilation screw on a secondary hose that comes out on the right side tied under the engine guard. Most people say it was easier than they thought it would be. Depending on your year bike, bleeding may be simply more like a car if you have the ABS II system or require a few more steps if you have the Integral ABS system ( whizzy brakes) with servo assist.

BMW K1200LT DIY Spiegler Brake Lines Replacement

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you after posting I saw all the past posts on lt brake lines great to have such a site to visit and chat, thanks again, slate

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
thank you after posting I saw all the past posts on lt brake lines great to have such a site to visit and chat, thanks again, slate
There are plenty of people here to help you through it. :wink:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts