BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My motorcycle gang (About 3 or 4 couples) are going to Springfield Ill. to see the Lincoln Presidential Museum. I am wondering if there are any other must see sites in Springfield and whether anyone can recommend places to eat.

I'll take my answers off the message board

Thank You

Karl

·
Super Moderator
1,403 Posts
Food on the Road

Or should I saw: www.roadfood.com

Visit this site for some great recommendations - the forms area is the best

This is no ordinary site as you will see . . .

If you are taking a trip this is the place to visit to get recommendations on "road food".

As they advertise "The most memorable local eateries along the
highways and back roads of America"

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
Take an evening walk down the street with Lincoln's home on it.......
but beware muggers.................................................................
eat at Bauers Opera House........................................................

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Stopped in Springfield in June on a Route 66 tour to Chicago.

Enjoyed the Presidential Museum, then went to see and tour his home (creepy to climb the same stairs he did and stand at the foot of his bed), then went to see his tomb.

Couple days later I visited Gettysburg, then on to Washington D.C. and saw his Memorial.

By chance, on my way back to Ca. from D.C., I saw a sign in Tennesse "Lincolns Birthplace" so I took a look.

Just went for a ride across the USA and ended up finding Mr. Lincoln from start to finish.

Enjoy your travels.

Doug Holck
Lodi, Ca

·
Registered
21 Posts
Go to the 'New Salem' state park about half an hour north of Springfield. It is historic settlement where Lincoln lived as a young man. Museum can give you directions as well as info about other sites. Happy trails.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts