BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings and HELP!
It's been a while since I've been on here and I apologize in advance in asking for help as I'm not the regular contributor I should be! I believe I've gotten more accurate and valuable advice from this community than from "professionals" My problem: I have a 08 KLT with 27,449 miles, and for the last few months when I take off in first occasionally the bike loses power almost to the point of stalling. There isn't any rhyme or reason when it happens. I can go one block and let out the clutch and the bike will accelerate smoothly. Next block, I'll do the same and have to rev it to 3 or 4,000 to get it to move! I have a brand new Oddessy battery, reset the TPS numerous times, disconnected the battery overnight, reset the TPS after that, and to make matters more frustrating ($) the warrenty was up January 26th. I bought it with 17,000 miles, have it garaged and change the oil every 3,000 miles. I know that has nothing to do with it other than it's well taken care of.
Anything I've overlooked or should I just take it to the dealer?
TIA,
Pete

·
Premium Member
3,108 Posts
Check to see if the gas cap has negative pressure when it's opened. If so your vent line is plugged back on the right side case.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Mine's gone in for a 70k (km) service this morning, and I've noted a similar problem to the dealer to check... which they'll do with the computer.
They said if they had to get serious trying to adjust the idle sensor (or replace the part) they'd have to strip the bike down to get at it... more $$.. mine's not that bad I can't live with the extra throttle at take-off at the moment... but maybe next major service I will.
Sounds like if its really stalling it'll need adjustment at least.... or its something totally unrelated to the idle sensor (chime in experts.... :confused: )

1 - 3 of 3 Posts