BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Serebigal, aka Big AL, has graciously offered to host this Tech Day at his
HEMAN HUGE heated shop on 6 May 2006 in Chatteroy Wa.
Interested parties RSVP and get your supplies on order. :^)

Ken Meese as Mentor/Mechanic in Attendance.

Signups include so far:

USMCTPDOG
MattFelton

·
Registered
85 Posts
Spokane Tech Day

ALCON: The Spokane Tech Day, 6 May 06, should be an interesting venue for all wanting to attend. Besides technical maintanance, fluid changes, farkle additions we will burn some steaks, burgers, and even have some Cagin Boudan (sp).

The Heman Shop is large enough to facilitate at least 12 bikes. So if you are in the WA & ID area and want to attend RSVP. If you are from out of town, I have room for you to spend the night in the RV, shop loft or in the house.

Hosts:
Al & Cathy Bobst
Chattaroy WA - 12 miles N of Spokane WA
[email protected]
:bmw:

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
1 MattFelton (USMCTPDOG)
2 Ken Meese
4 Al and Kathy
5 Brian Ley (sanjaun2)

I have a couple of valve buckets I can bring if anyone plans on doing their valves. Just let me me know.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Greetings Brian,

Have a nice ride over.... You coming via White Pass?

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
1 Matt Felton
2 Ken Meese
4 Al and Cathy
5 Brian Ley (sanjaun2)
6 Mike (usmctpdog)

Sorry Cathy with a "C"

I will certainly try to go white pass, But it adds an hour or two (which can be a good thing) An early morning departure may mean snow and/or ice. I took the bike over I90 to Roosevelt lake this weekend. I missed freezing temperatures by only 2 degrees! White pass had to be snowing. I found the mud road my friend lives on very challenging especially with the big ruts. I will not try that again soon.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Spokane 6 May Tech Day update :

Al has a room for you Ken and we will be barbecuing too!
Going to inventory Al's workshop this weekend for whats needed -
Shaping up nicely thus far - More coming

Signups include so far:

1 Al and Cathy
2 Matt Felton - Rear Drive change update
3 Brian Ley (sanjaun2)
4 Mike (usmctpdog)
5.Gary Schweiger

·
Registered
85 Posts
usmctpdog said:
Spokane 6 May Tech Day update :

Al has a room for you Ken and we will be barbecuing too!
Going to inventory Al's workshop this weekend for whats needed -
Shaping up nicely thus far - More coming

Signups include so far:

1 Al and Cathy
2 Matt Felton - Rear Drive change update
3 Brian Ley (sanjaun2)
4 Mike (usmctpdog)
5.Gary Schweiger
Top: Add Jack Nuesse to the list. He lives only a couple of miles from me. He has a 05 LT. BTW he just got a Oregon Performance Award for $256.00. Seems like his LT was doing 80 in a 55 MPH zone. I've only rode with him once, but I did not think his LT ever traveled at such a slow pace.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Whew - For a minute there I thought that you were offering "Cajun Boudin" If we weren't in Fresno that weekend, that would be enough to get us there. Wife and I are both of Cajun descent - born in Southwestern Louisiana.

Steve
Olympia

Serebigal said:
ALCON: The Spokane Tech Day, 6 May 06, <snip> , and even have some Cagin Boudan (sp).

·
Registered
85 Posts
stevek1200lt said:
Whew - For a minute there I thought that you were offering "Cajun Boudin" If we weren't in Fresno that weekend, that would be enough to get us there. Wife and I are both of Cajun descent - born in Southwestern Louisiana.

Steve
Olympia
Steve: Thanks for the spelling correction. I'm from Soutern Ohio, but I love Boudin.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Al,

Weve lived there as well - in Xenia - in the 70s. My brother just got back from a trip home and walked in with a gift package of Boudin last night.

Serebigal said:
Steve: Thanks for the spelling correction. I'm from Soutern Ohio, but I love Boudin.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
6 May Spokane Tech day Will/May/Could include some or all of the following:

Mirror Tethering, Nitrogen Tire air fill, Misc oil changes, FRS/GMRS Radio Install , rear end bearing change, possible maint video, Barbecue,
Dubious Oh's and Ah- Ha's that's how that works summations, Intense debate and genuine BMW Service CD manual to settle all questionalble queries..

1 Al and Cathy
2 Ken Meese
3 Matt Felton
5 Brian Ley (sanjaun2)
6 Mike (usmctpdog)
7. Gary Schweiger
8. Jack Nuesse

·
Registered
85 Posts
WOW! Talk about fate! Now, with some Red Beans and beer...well you know where I'm going with that. Hope to meet you some day. Have a great riding season!

Cheers

·
Registered
51 Posts
How do I get in on this?

Hello all,
New to the BMW family with a 2000 LTC which just happen to find my garage last weekend. In live in North SPokane, off of Hatch Rd. No very little about this bike and would love to aprticipate in this event with all of you if you do't mind a newbee. I've alrady played with the rear pads to try and quiet them...new ceramic pads on the way via mail from Dennis Kirk.
thanks

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
RajinCajun,

Welcome to the Cult and Consider yourself in!

Call Al (Host of the Tech Day) for directions............

·
Registered
9 Posts
Count me in, if you don't mind a little bit of "politically incorrect" from greater, downtown Olympia. I have a jig for the valves I can bring.

Notice that they're charging "tonage" on your bike now - $10/yr added to your license! Thanks, Gov.!!!

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Letsgoplay,

Bring it on!! See you there... Call Al (Hosting) for Directions !!

·
IBR# 366
16,589 Posts
Just a quick heads up. I may have to postpone this tech session. Work wants to send me to Korea to inspect and retrieve a machine, and of course they want it done now. I'll know more by the end of the week.

If this trip comes through, it means lots more work up this way over the summer, so we'll easily be able to reschedule for a later date. The original tech session scheduled for the 29th shouldn't be a problem either way.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok Ken, *Thanks for the heads up ..

We will still be going ahead with it as it is on calendar for folks and even if it is done in limited form it will be a good thing and great get together for our local LT community.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Last few Items till Spokane Tech Day on 6 May:

Matt Felton & I are working hard at organizing a schedule of events and will Liaison with Al later this week to finalize. Matt claims " World Class LT Vacation Packer & Stacker " Elite Status and will give a demo of his 2 wk camping packup prior to his ride south later this year. Mine is coming soon via several Highways leading to *California SR36 From to Eureka to Redding to 99 into Sac back home via the 395N.

Attendees & Events:
Mirror Tethering, Nitrogen Tire fill, LT Packing, Fender insulation, Seat Replacement, Tupperware removal, Various Oil changes, Barbecue etc.

1 Al and Cathy
2 Matt Felton
3 Brian Ley (sanjaun2)-
4 Mike (usmctpdog)
5. Gary Schweiger
6. Jack Nuesse
7. Brian (RaginCajun)
8. Rod S

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Looking good.... I'll bring some green chili for the barbeque.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts