BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Replaced all my brake lines with the Spiegler SS and here are my impressions.
1. I don't notice the braking enhanced by the upgrade. The feel at the handle is the same.
2. I do notice that it is much easier to feather the front to a stop at a light with out grabbing.

I put on speed bleeders at the same time. I read here that they would not work to flush the air out of a newly installed line. I found you can open and close them like a regular bleed point until your line is full of fluid then you can use them as a speed bleeder. I put them on the clutch line and that worked very well. I also took the regular bleed port from the rear and replaced the fill adapter next to the ABS unit to bleed from the master cylinder to the ABS unit on the front control circuit. I was so paranoid that I was going to get air into the ABS unit that I bled everything 5 times.
I did find that the front control circuit will cause fluid to go out through the wheel circuit (maybe this is the residual function) allowing you to fill the new front lines with the bike off. The rear control circuit would not do this. All seems to be well, at least no dashboard flashing triangles. :) :)

John

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,556 Posts
RockyRaccon said:
Replaced all my brake lines with the Spiegler SS and here are my impressions.
1. I don't notice the braking enhanced by the upgrade. The feel at the handle is the same.
2. I do notice that it is much easier to feather the front to a stop at a light with out grabbing.

I did find that the front control circuit will cause fluid to go out through the wheel circuit (maybe this is the residual function) allowing you to fill the new front lines with the bike off. The rear control circuit would not do this. All seems to be well, at least no dashboard flashing triangles. :) :)

John
On # 1 you won't feel any difference on the integral power assisted brakes. It is more noticeable on the older non-powered bikes.

Yes that is the residual function on this brake system and the rear is almost negligible on residual.

Sounds like you mastered it well!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts