BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like to order a full set of brake lines for both the 07 LT and 04 GS. Anyone have any issues or know the best supplier to order from?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,546 Posts
I can't say they are the best, but I bought from these folks solely because they included new color matched banjo bolts and crush washers for the same price Spiegler wanted for just the brake lines.

https://www.sportbiketrackgear.com/spiegler-bmw-k-1200-lt-02-10-front-rear-brake-line-kit-orig-w-abs-integral/

I did have one issue as they sent me one bolt of the wrong length and wrong thread pitch. Good thing I always start bolts carefully by hand or I would have ruined a caliper. They did give me some runaround on the replacement bolt, which, go figure, apparently comes from Spiegler.

I sent them first a picture of the wrong bolt beside a correct bolt. That wasn't enough as they said Spiegler wanted pictures of all eight bolts installed. This baffled me, but I sent back all pictures. I finally got two correct replacement bolts a week later, so I now have a spare.

I wonder if the earlier model LTs prior to iABS used a coarse thread banjo bolt somewhere.

·
Registered
170 Posts
if your going to do it your self invest in the funnel from Beemer Bone yard
can be done with out but much easier with and you don;t run the reservoir dry like my neighbor did which caused a additional frustration

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys.

I will let you know how I make out switching these lines out.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Looking to make this upgrade soon myself. Thanks for the info

·
Registered
180 Posts
Wonder if they ever corrected the wrong angle on the fittings??

Because I am getting ready to order a set myself..........

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
Wonder if they ever corrected the wrong angle on the fittings??

Because I am getting ready to order a set myself..........
I had no issue with any fitting angle on my 01 set bought from Spiegler. All fit like a glove.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,941 Posts
I have installed four sets so far and yes the rear caliper line is a wee bit tight but not an issue as the line is under no stress.

Also I always re-use the factory banjo bolts, even when the kit comes (some times) with the aluminum ones. If you order direct from Spiegler you don't get the banjos, but if I order from SportBikeTrackGear I get them for less $$. Go figure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts