BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys;

I am looking at getting Speigler's this winter.
Just wondering if I change the lines, and then do a complete brake flush for the 2005 as I did last year.
What about the ABS flush?
Is there a special procedure I need to do, or just follow John's Z DVD again?

Regards,
Bowdon

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,556 Posts
Yes. For a hose change on the control circuit side (MC to ABS unit both front and rear) you need to bleed all three ports for each side and in sequence. I'll throw something together tomorrow as I am in Dillon, MT on the way to CCR. It is not hard.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jzeiler said:
Yes. For a hose change on the control circuit side (MC to ABS unit both front and rear) you need to bleed all three ports for each side and in sequence. I'll throw something together tomorrow as I am in Dillon, MT on the way to CCR. It is not hard.
Thanks, John.

Have a good time at CCR. Wife and I decided to skip this year, and do New Orleans and see ELVIS instead!!

I did the flush on the brakes last year and with the DVD is went well. Now, if I change the lines to steel, it seems somwhow slightly different.

Thanks for the future tips!!

Regards,
Bowdon

·
Registered
470 Posts
John I would be interested in a supplement to your video that I also purchased. I just did all the brake lines and things seem to be working ok. Have had to add more brake fluid to both rear reservoirs. Just feeling I'm lacking full braking or something. I bled the control circuit as if it were just a normal flush. What three ports are we referring to?

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info John.

We will wait for the directions for the beeding procedure so I can get the Speigler ordered.

Regards,

Bowdon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts