BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '03 LT with the standard 10% or so optimistic speedometer. Searched for, found the thread on modifying LT speedometer a couple of months ago, now ready to do the deed, but alas, returning to the article today, the photos do not show up!

Is there a new link, or does someone have the article with photos they could either post or e-mail me? [email protected]

I'm hopeless without photos! :eek:

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
53 Posts
Question: am I supposed to jumper the 2 JB contacts to each other, and the 2 JC contacts to each other? OR, jumper a JB to a JC, and the other JB to JC. Since I've gotten this far I don't want to do it wrong. Thanks!

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,258 Posts
Here was a photo that I found on the last page of the Gallery Technical area.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Hello and Thanks up front

I have used the information to recalibrate my speedometer and it worked well
I am curious who discovered this jumper mod .Does anyone know who to thank for the research ? I cannot imagine looking at the speedo PCB and thinking if I put a jumper here or there maybe the speedo will be better calibrated and not being concerned about letting the smoke out of it .

Bob G

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just bought an '02 LT and the speedo is at least 8 mph off. Will this mod work for the 2002 model (analog gauge) and if so, where do I find the article?

Thanks,

Ron

·
Registered
136 Posts
I just use my GPS. Some say it's not as accurate. However, I proved that wrong this past weekend. Fortunately, I'm in the business that allows me "ample" use of radar and LIDAR ( laser ) equipment.

Took my girl out to a local private airport with no traffic. I tested the bike at increments of 10mph starting at 45 and the high end 85. I was running out of room to slow down after that.

Both radar/laser indicated that GPS speed was less than 1mph off each speed all the way up to 85mph. The speedometer showed 77mph when the actual speed was 85.3. The GPS showed 85.5 at that same speed.

Just easier to me than doing the mod.

My .02

·
Registered
53 Posts
I was under the impression that the problem with the speedo's was that they show faster than actual. Is yours showing slower than acatual?

·
Just ridin'
5,297 Posts
sydvicioustx said:
Both radar/laser indicated that GPS speed was less than 1mph off each speed all the way up to 85mph. The speedometer showed 77mph when the actual speed was 85.3. The GPS showed 85.5 at that same speed.
Wow!

Yours is the first one I have ever seen that the speedometer indicates slower than actual. If that is true, that is a DOT violation that probably should be reported.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
captron4601 said:
I just bought an '02 LT and the speedo is at least 8 mph off. Will this mod work for the 2002 model (analog gauge) and if so, where do I find the article?

Thanks,

Ron
Ron;

I have a '02 and I did the mod. in '02. I have checked it with the stands you see on the sides of the roads and with a cop buddy of mine and 1 cop who was not a buddy.(warning) It always shows 1 mph off. Do a search and you will find the complete directions.

Zeke

1 - 9 of 9 Posts